AMG Mercedes Thoughts - uk_in_usa
My brother in law just came over in his new car. He traded his 1990 Volvo for a 1999 AMG Mercedes C Class with 81,000 on the clock. He paid $14,000 which as my wife pointed out is only $2000 more than I paid for my 2004 Taurus. Seems like amazing value to me although I imagine servicing it's going to cost a packet.
AMG Mercedes Thoughts - tr7v8
Had an hour in one at Mercedes Benz World at Brooklands a couple of w/e ago. E Class estate V8, 6.3Litre 415BHP. Drove throughout with missus in the back on skid pan, water splash & high speed circuit. Professional driving instructor by your side. Damn good fun, tried but failed to make the missus sick in the back!
God is it quick, just glad I wasn''t paying for the tyres & brakes! Oh it was £100 for an hour.
AMG Mercedes Thoughts - rjr
E Class estate V8, 6.3Litre 415BHP.

Sadly the E63 only has a 6.2 litre V8 rather than a 6.3. On the upside it has 514bhp rather than 415.
By BIL knows it's a V8, but didn't know what size. He's planning to use it to drive to the station every day (about 2 miles). I don't think he realises what he's bought!

He even claimed it gets 24 to the US gallon (my Taurus averages 20). That can't be right.

I drove it yesterday and by heck it really shifts! Not that in suburban Chicago there's anyplace to use that kind of performance.
AMG Mercedes Thoughts - boxsterboy
If it's a V8 C-class it must be a C43 AMG. My mates got an estate. Nice burble, but I'm glad I don't pay the fuel bills, not that that's an issue in the USA.
AMG Mercedes Thoughts - SjB {P}
A colleague recently sold his V6 Kompressor C Class AMG estate. Small beer in this exalted company powerwise, but still went well, and what a wonderful scream. :-)
People are complaining because in the past couple of weeks gas prices have gone up 40c here from $2.20/gal to around $2.61

AMG Mercedes Thoughts - Bill Payer
People are complaining because in the past couple of weeks gas
prices have gone up 40c here from $2.20/gal to around $2.61

I bet the average American spends more on fuel per week than the average Brit.
AMG Mercedes Thoughts - Martin Devon
Yer only here once!