Aftersales service - midlifecrisis
Just got home from work and found Mr Postie had left a big cardboard box. Opened it up and found a big Peugeot branded tin of premium chocolate chip cookies. There was also a thank you letter and the all important follow up questionnaire regarding my purchase of the 407 coupe.

I've already had a phone call from the dealer checking everything is ok!. Amazing how these little touches make you feel better about your car. They've organised a one month check to change the oil and give it the once over. I've not had to lift a finger. Now I appreciate a tin of biscuits isn't such a big deal, but I thought it was a nice little touch.

Fingers crossed this quality of service continues during the time I own the car.
Aftersales service - Aprilia
Personally (being a grouchy sort of a person) I'd prefer to buy my own cookies and have Puegeot spend the money on training their technicians instead. I've never gone for this 'flowers on back seat' sort of nonsense. Pug (UK) are currently laying into dealers about high warranty costs (which are three times the industry average) - they are trying to get dealers to reduce the amount of warranty work charged back because it is costing them too much. Quite how dealers are going to do this I don't know - by 'overlooking' faults or fobbing off customers? I know our local dealers are very 'cheesed off' by this approach since it is they who have to face the wrath of the customer.
Aftersales service - LeePower
As a 206 owner I know all about the words Peugeot, warranty & customer service.

Thanks to the lack of build quality, the inept dealer who now wont even speak to me & the lack of customer service from Peugeot U.K. they have lost a customer for life, I will never buy another PSA product ever again.
Ref. my post above; I know the service manager at local Pug dealers and they are very very unhappy with Pug (UK) at the moment due to this crackdown on warranty work. He is between a rock and hard place.
Aftersales service - OAP
If you take HJ's advice here: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/faq.htm?id=44 you will not let them change the oil at 1000 miles!
My local Dealer used to offer to do the same thing but not any more.
Don't know about this particular Pug, but some cars SHOULD have a 1000-mile oil change (e.g. Subaru) - they are filled with a light grade oil to speed up running in and need a early change to a regular grade.
Aftersales service - Avant
Glad you've got a good dealer, MLC. But what an appalling thing that dealers are being expected to do by Peugeot - to attack completely the wrong target (the warranty) rather than the actual problem (poor quality control in manufacture and/or choice of components).

This is a management issue rather than a motoring issue - pure short-termism which is so disastrous for businesses. Cut costs now and never mind the long-term problem (buyers will look elsewhere). Sadly this sort of thing is all too common in industry, and this way of thinking comes from the other side of the Atlantic.
Aftersales service - L'escargot
Just got home from work and found Mr Postie had left
a big cardboard box.

Sounds like you've got a dealer with the right attitude at least.
--
L\'escargot.
Aftersales service - neil
Sounds like you've got a dealer with the right attitude at least.

And a postman with the right attitude as well!

Aftersales service - bristolmotorspeedway {P}
Kudos to your dealer midlifecrisis.

Toyota and their dealers have an excellent reputation, but I have found the lack of follow-ups quite disappointing. After buying my Avensis (new) the only questionnares I received related to the dealer's premises and the selling/promoting of the finance. Nothing at all has been asked of me about the car itself. Not sure how Toyota expect to improve the product without seeking any feedback whatsoever. I'm very happy with the car overall, but there are numerous little things I would whinge about if given the chance!

I don't want chocolates or flowers, but some interest in what I think of their product would be good.
Aftersales service - bell boy
chocolate chip biscuits
>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>

no chip on pewgot dealers shoulder then ;-)

suggest go for mats and flaps next time ;-o
Aftersales service - midlifecrisis
Don't get me wrong..I couldn't be bought off with a tin of (very nice) biscuits. What I am impressed with is that they actually bothered to send them out, with a thank you letter and a questionnaire. While the car is faultless so far, any future problems will be easier to take if the dealer is a good one.

(And I got mats and a cargo net as well!) :)
Aftersales service - JH
m
I'm with you. It's nice to know that you've not been forgotten after you've spent a lot of money with them. The best after care I've ever seen was by Renault many years ago when wife bought a Mk 1 Clio; mags, CDs, Damon Hill (yes, it was that long ago) baseball cap, invitations to product launches. VW have sent eff all despite having 2 VWs in the family for a while and now she gets a Honda mag
JH.
Aftersales service - jc2
Shortly after buying various new cars,I have received a questionnaire and one of the questions is always"would you mind us contacting you to discuss this document"and has anyone ever contacted me? NO!!
Aftersales service - jc2
I should also add that I have two Citroen watches and two Renault umbrellas but no Renault or Citroen;the last Citroen I owned was a 2CV and the last Renault was a 4CV.