99 1.8 td mondeo no power - dieselpower
just looking for some info here my brothers mondeo is really lacking in power struggles to get 80mph, ive checked the timing got the injectors tested checked all the turbo hoses and everthing looks fine, the car is running perfect but just seems far too slow im going to look at it this weekend so if any one has any info or has seen this problem before id be glad to get any information on where to start. can the turbo stop working and allow the car to run so well with out it? cheers
99 1.8 td mondeo no power - Screwloose
dpwr

There does seem to be rather a lot of split connector hoses to the little aneroid unit on the front of the pump recently. Worth a check.
ive checked that already mite look into the metal pipe that tiis connects to that runs along the engine block to the turbo can this block up both the small rubber hoses on each end are fine
99 1.8 td mondeo no power - oilfilter
what about air mass sensor?
are they known to give bother and is there any way i can test
99 1.8 td mondeo no power - oilfilter
Air mass sensors are consumables and when they go, your car will drive like a bag of nails. You will not get any indication from a testing box in the garage so you want to test it yourself.
Im not sure about this model, but it is easy enough to test. You will need to disconnect the cable that connect the sensor and go for a drive. If the engine is lively again than go and buy one sensor (much cheaper on ebay) and fit it yourself or in the garage.
i run the car with the air flow meter plug disconnected and it made no difference, ive been driving the car this past few days and noticed it is terribly sore on diesel im chatting just over 250 miles to a full tank any one any ideas as to why its so slow and hard to run