Fiat bravo cambelt snapped - TimOrridge
Hi,

This is on behalf of my mate

This weekend cambelt snapped on N reg Bravo 1.8 HGT, not sure of damage but with 16 valves to bend it wont be cheap

Bought car 3 years ago with 65K on clock, car has now got 82K. garage who he bought it off said cambelt had been change and a service done. Is it acceptable for him to take ot back to garage and demand a fix for this. 17K for a cambelt. This is only if it has been changed

I think not

Is it acceptable for a garage to have said cambelt done and for it not to have been evern after 3 years

Dont want him to be out of pocket, however it is possible that he doesnt have a log to stand on?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Fiat bravo cambelt snapped - FotheringtonThomas
I don't think you've any chance. AFAIK belt changes are "every X miles or Y years". If you could *prove* they mis-described it, then you've some influence, but I doubt this'll be possible.
Fiat bravo cambelt snapped - Halmer
I went to view a Fiat Coupe in a local garage last week.

The garage owner told me that 'all of the belts have been done recently'. Got my mate who is a good Fiat mechanic to view it for me by simply pulling back the cam belt cover and it was patently obvious that someone is lying.
Fiat bravo cambelt snapped - Stuartli
..or a leg for that matter...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Fiat bravo cambelt snapped - local yokel
It's a 12 y/o car that he bought three years ago - the garage is highly unlikely to give a warranty that long, in all seriousness. At that age it's not likely to be worth swapping the engine out - it's going to the scrappy IMHO. In decent order, before the cambelt snapped it was really only worth £500 tops.
Fiat bravo cambelt snapped - artful dodger {P}
>>it's going to the scrappy IMHO.

Your friend could put the car on ebay as spares/repair if the rest of the car is in good condition, he should get £150 to £200 or break the car himself (not on a public road) before sending it to the scrappy.

--
Roger
A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.