Free NY flights with a Scooby Test Drive - cardriver
Just had a letter through the door inviting me for a scooby test drive with the option a free return flight to New York if I take them up on the offer (of the test drive).
Not sure what business sense that makes and hopefully it will not be a repeat of the Hoover debacle - I would not have thought so though with a company like Subaru.
Free NY flights with a Scooby Test Drive - daiking
I got one of these about a month ago. After reading the small print I discovered it would not cost much more to fly from my local airport at my own convenience. I wrote this on another forum at the time:

"Having read the really small print, the main restrictions are dates, airports and max 6 night stay, none of which are a problem. The catch is that taxes are not included and any additional flights are expensive - £249. The offer would cost about £450 for swmbo and I to go to New York from Gatwick, there's an extra supplement (unknown) to fly locally. Through normal channels, we can fly direct from Manchester (about 10 miles away) for £564. Worth it just to be able to get a taxi to the airport."

Just work it out for your own circumstances and see how it compares to a normal paid for flight. hth