Grand Scenic ECU problem!!! - unfortuanterenaultowner
Hi there,

I have a 2006 2.0T grand scenic petrol, i was driving home from dropping my kids off the other day when the car suddenly lost power, regained power, and then went into "limp home" mode, not allowing me to rev over 3000rpm nor allowing me to go over 30mph.
Whilst all this was going on, the dashboard read "CHECK INJECTION", follwed by "CHECK ESP/ASR" followed by the following warnings "CHECK OIL" "CHECK LAMBDA SENSOR" "GAS" "FILL WASHER FLUID",
i pulled over, switched the engine off, and then back on again, NOTHING, no evidence that there was ever a problem! This has happened about 5 or 6 times now, i have taken it to renault, they seem 2 feed me the same bull that its just a ghost error and wipe the ecu, has anybody else had this probelm, and does anybody know what is causing it,

Cheers
Grand Scenic ECU problem!!! - Screwloose
URO

Ah; another typical, unfixable, Renault fault. I sometimes feel sorry for their diag techs.

Somewhere along the line, the warning system is getting it's input data corrupted. This could be faulty hardware; bad configuration; software conflicts; the wiring; or just the usual "French connexions."

The only way to approach it is to have a global reprogramme after removing and comms-checking every single CAN-line plug and cable. The chances are reasonable that it might then go away - no guarantees though and it won't be long before something else plays up after that much disruption.

Probably best to ignore it and call it character.
Grand Scenic ECU problem!!! - Altea Ego
Its almost certainly caused by low volts, and that probably means a loose earth somewhere.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Grand Scenic ECU problem!!! - unfortuanterenaultowner
funny you should mention the voltage, im wondering if its giving too many volts, im going to test it tomorrow night. Could it be this? i've had to replace 3 headlamp bulbs in the past 3 months!! just a thought
cheers
Grand Scenic ECU problem!!! - Altea Ego
It is true that overvolts can cause similar effects, and its also possible for bad/intermitant earths to cause blown bulbs!
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >