Hilton Garage - Jes
Thinking of buying a Zafira 06 , 1.9 Design from Hilton Garage. Hopefully off to see it on friday, but I wondered on what expereinces people had with this Garage.

Any advice appreciated..

Thanks,
John
Hilton Garage - Falkirk Bairn
Hilton Garage - Where?

This might help narrow the choice!
Hilton Garage - Wee Willie Winkie
Howdo,

You're not likely to get any negative reports as this forum does not tolerate 'naming and shaming',

Besides, you haven't given details of where Hilton Garage is.....

DB
Hilton Garage - quizman
Hilton Garage is in the villiage of Hilton, 6 miles south-west of Derby. It is a car supermarket and I know several people who have bought cars from them. I have heard no complaints, so they must be good.
Hilton Garage - quizman
I meant to say village, I get it mixed up with marriage!
Hilton Garage - Jes
Sorry, it's the Hilton Garage in Derby...
www.hiltongarage.co.uk/
Hilton Garage - quizman
It's not in Derby, it is near Derby.
Hilton Garage - Nomag
8 miles from Derby, and probably closer to Burton-on-Trent
My Dad bought his 54 plate C-Max TDCi there in December 2005.
I went with him to do the deal, no pressure, no budging on the screen price, quite a reasonable P-ex on his Astra (not amazing, but you wouldn't expect it to be).
No hard sell on any extras - just said we didn't want them, that was it.
Car is fine - we were able to take a reasonable (8 mile) unaccompanied test drive.
It's one of those places that does what it says on the tin - and very handy for my parents, as they live in the next village down the road which is 5 mins drive away.
There was only one downside - the electric mirrors weren't working when we test drove the car, were promised they would be fixed for delivery day, and they weren't, an extra 30 mins wait and they traced it to a blown fuse.
Dad hasn't been back since then, and won't of course, until he wants another car - so no "aftersales" expereince I'm afraid.
Hilton Garage - Dynamic Dave
You're not likely to get any negative reports as this forum does not tolerate 'naming and shaming',

To quote something 'No FM2R' recently posted in reply to a question on naming & shaming (and I hope he doesn't mind me repeating it):-

Simply say "Company X [strongly] not recommended, further details by e-mail if required" or somesuch.

End quote.

------------------

Or the OP of the thread could say something like "if anyone has anything negative to say, or I should be made aware of, then can you email me on .....

DD.
Hilton Garage - Aprilia
Not heard anything bad about them, they are decent outfit I think. Nothing like the now-defunct 'Yes' operation!
Hilton Garage - Happy Blue!
You know DD - that should be a sticky at the top.
Hilton Garage - Dynamic Dave
Already is Espada (well, words to that effect) - in the 'Forum Information & General Policies' sticky, and under the title 'Naming and Shaming'.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=33414
Hilton Garage - Armitage Shanks {p}
"I have heard no complaints, so they must be good." A fairly bold statement! Where do you go to listen out for comments?!. They might be very good but an absence of complaints suggest a possibility rather than a certainty of good service!
Hilton Garage - Jes
Apologies if I bent the rules a little re naming and shaming...

If people wish to email me then please do so at jstallan@hotmail.com

The Zafira they have on offer is a very good deal (£12,699) I'mm just a little suprised it's still there (noticed is 2-3 weeks ago).

Glad to hear there's no hard sell, not that it bothers me really as I know what I want and how I'm going to pay for it.

Also glad to hear there's a test drive as well. I know what the Zafira drives like as I managed to get two 3 day test drives out of Vauxhall.
Hilton Garage - Stuartli
>>Also glad to hear there's a test drive as well>>

Any dealership or used car dealer that didn't/doesn't allow such a facility should, whatever the merits of the vehicle on offer, should be avoided like the proverbial plague.

Obviously I'm not referring to this particular outlet.

One outlet I can recommend in the area through direct experience (even though I live more than 100 miles away) is Archers of Ashby ze la Zouch (Ford).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Hilton Garage - machika
Some only allow test drives that are very limited regarding distance and choice of route and most don't allow unaccompanied test drives. I find this pretty useless really, as very often it is impossible to get up to a reasonable speed. One test drive my wife and I were given was literally around the block, with no chance to get above 30 mph.
Hilton Garage - quizman
"I have heard no complaints, so they must be good."
A fairly bold statement! Where do you go to listen
out for comments?!. They might be very good but an
absence of complaints suggest a possibility rather than a certainty of
good service!

I live 5 miles from Hilton and I am interested in motoring and I know of several people who have bought cars from there and I have only heard good comments and I listen to folk in the pub and you usually hear if anything is wrong and you are probably correct about the possibility and I am sorry to get it wrong and regrets I have a few like when I am in the pub listening to people droning on about their cars and where they got them from!
Hilton Garage - Armitage Shanks {p}
Please! No apology called for; I made a slightly acerbic comment and got a very polite reply! Thank you!
Hilton Garage - quizman
That's quite OK old chap, and may I just mention that I bought a turquoise bathroom suite in 1971 from your firm. It has been very good but my wife wants a white one. No chance, I am waiting till turquoise comes back into fashion.
Hilton Garage - drbe
Please! No apology called for; I made a slightly acerbic comment
and got a very polite reply! Thank you!

>>

By the by, AS where abouts do you live (general area) that you have problems with flooding?
Hilton Garage - Jes
Well folks I've been on my travels and here is the tale to tell.

Went to Motorhouse first, but they didn't have what I wanted. They were very polite and helpful (even gave me directions to Motorpoint). Showroom stank of polish!
Then went to Motorpoint - again helpful and again didn't have what I wanted. They did have more cars in the system and tried to get me to place a retainer for something that fitted my bill - but I held back..
Hilton Garage were very nice - if fact couldn't have been more helpful, but there was something about the 'Moonland' Zafira that I didn't like - not sure what, but I walked.
Available Car - nah, nothing there , but jesus it was busy.....

Made my way back to Southend and by chance called in to Geoff Bray in Rayleigh. On the Forecourt was a very smart looking Zafira in Silver Lightning with 9.6k miles on the clock - screen price was £14995!! The salesman came out and started chatting, he said that the car was a great value for money which I had to disagree. I told him where I'd been and what I'd seen for £12,700 (didn't mentioned the extra £100 or so the Supermarket charge). He said 'What will it take for me to buy his car' I told him '£12,900' off he trotted to see he business manager (here we go I thought, there is no way in hell are they going to agree on that). He came back and said £13k and the car is your if you place a deposit now (£500). I was shell shocked. I thought for a while - when said yes..

So I've travelled over 400 miles to buy a car and ended up buying one on my doorstep!!! £13k for a July 2006 Zafira 1.9 (150bhp) Design in Silver Lightning with 9.6k miles is pretty good - I'm well chuffed!

Now - do I buy gap insurance????