5th Gear - Tim Allcott
Well I liked it...
mind you he really demolished that C3 (literally!) but I did say it seemed a bit flimsy. and the one I saw was the top of the range!
on the whole,entertaining viewing, and the speed camera feature was the best advert for the gps warning systems yet.
Re: 5th Gear - Royston Vasey
Great program. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

I note they didn't take Boring Barlow with them!
Re: 5th Gear - Mel Woods
Like a time warp. Thought it was a rerun of a 2 year old Top Gear
Re: 5th Gear - steve
How have watched it when it started at 8:00 but u posted at 7:50?
Re: 5th Gear - Simon Butterworth
Post timings are on UTC/GMT ie an hour behind local British Summer Time.

Simon
22:51BST
Re: 5th Gear - steve
arh, ok, i take it back, sorry!Simon Butterworth wrote:
>
> Post timings are on UTC/GMT ie an hour behind local British
> Summer Time.
>
> Simon
> 22:51BST
Re: 5th Gear - Andy
I thought it was pretty good. I hope they follow up the Gatso thing. Perhaps a few questions to Essex police as to why the road death rate has increased since the latest outbreak of speed cameras?
Re: 5th Gear - Alwyn
Andy,

I missed the bit about Essex though I already knew that fatalities have increased by 43% since the speed limit crackdown.

Astonishingly, Essex police said they were happy with the experiment because the number of serious injuries was lower. Could that be because some of the victims are dead?

If anyone missed it, there is a repeat on C5 at 7.00 pm tonight. Videos on!
Re: 5th Gear - IGS
Not a patch on Driven. Same old Top Gear formula - the interesting items (car supermarkets etc) had no depth. Shame ...
Re: 5th Gear - Graham Sherlock
Ah, Top Gear Take2. How I missed the sardonic smile & humour of dear, dear Quentin. A bit of an eye-opener. How do people in Watford drive?
And Vicki B-H, how good to see her & her Viper stuffed, pity it was a Sunny.
As for the new 2CV/C3, it deserved to be disected. It was 'orrible.
Tiff seems to be a bit past his sell-by.

A curates egg job I feel, but give it time. 6 out of 10

PS. The answer is TRACTORS. Doohhh!
Re: 5th Gear - David W
CH5 far too spotty here for viewing pleasure but I might just have to watch the repeat tonight to stay in touch with forum dislikes.

David
Re: 5th Gear - John S
David

'Spotty' eh? That's the problem with youthful presenters, or maybe you've been studying a naked Keith Chegwin too closely!.

My comment is 'What's Channel 5?' It hasn't reached the Marlborough Downs yet. Mind you, we only got our local FM relay 9 years ago.

Well, can't hang around here; must put on my smock and get back to the gate and chew a piece of straw!

Regards

John
Re: 5th Gear - John R
Has anyone else noticed, the 5th Gear logo (a gear gate) has a large H and a small j = Honest John. Does his influence get every where?

John R
Re: 5th Gear - Kev
What i wanna know is if its fifth gear, theres only 5 gears on the logo....

Hope they dont want to reverse anywhere......

Kev
Re: 5th Gear - Trevor Potter
caught the repeat on Ch5 - excellent news about all the new developments in cameras.

The hooligans WILL be caught. 3 cheers!
Re: 5th Gear - Chello
Trevor Potter wrote:
>
> caught the repeat on Ch5 - excellent news about all the new
> developments in cameras.
>
> The hooligans WILL be caught. 3 cheers!

So will you, prat!
Re: 5th Gear - The
Trevor Potter wrote:
>
> caught the repeat on Ch5 - excellent news about all the new
> developments in cameras.
>
> The hooligans WILL be caught. 3 cheers!

Unlike yourself, of course, who has an Audi TT and Kawasaki VN800 Classic (Hog copy to you) for pootling along at 30 everywhere.

Looks like the governments published, but unpublicised, research showing that people who tend to conform to speed limits tend to be the ones who oppose speed cameras, and vice versa, might just be true.

It's rapidly becoming obvious what your vices are.