Peugeot 306 D Turbo Wobble - boldone
Hi

Ive got a wobble coming up through the enitre car and the steering wheel when I accelerate. It feels worse when the car is under increased load than normal flat driving. There are no banging noises or other obvious noises to speak of.
I have been told by a bloke in the pub that it's my driveshafts.
Can someone back this theory up or possibly give me some more solid advice?

Cheers

Matt
Peugeot 306 D Turbo Wobble - glowplug
Does sound like a driveshaft/CV joint problem.

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi.
XM 2.1 VSX.
Peugeot 306 D Turbo Wobble - boldone
Thanks,

Just phoned a garage and the chap said about £300 to do both sides. Reasonable?! I don't know

I've got tools and a garage so is it the kind of job i could do with the Haynes manual in a day?
Peugeot 306 D Turbo Wobble - thomp1983
easily diy'able just need to source 2 decent driveshafts, £300 is way overpriced for the work involved, may aswell replace the gearbox oil why your at it as it can make quite a difference cheapest place for it is main dealer

chris
Peugeot 306 D Turbo Wobble - glowplug
I'd ring a few breakers or see how much GSF want for a pair. I'd replace the diff/driveshaft seals and refill with TOTAL gearbox oil.

Steve.
---
Xantia HDi Exclusive.
XM 2.1 VSX.
Peugeot 306 D Turbo Wobble - autumnboy
Have you checked your tyre pressures recently ??

If they are low,, this also could cause the power wobble.

Peugeot 306 D Turbo Wobble - lollipops
hi hav u found out the cause of yr wobble cos yr problem sounds like wot ive got wiv my 306 td?we also got told it may be the drive shafts but not absolutely sure. if u hav had it repaired did it work out to be an expensive job?