Surrey MoT places (Diesel) - mss1tw
Does anyone know anywhere in Surrey where they actually know about engines and do not rev the wotsits off of a diesel engine during the MoT?
Surrey MoT places (Diesel) - turbo11
There is a very good garage in Chertsey Road,Chobham -at the end of the small parade of shops(near Woking).Cant remember their name , but my father has used them for a number of years and rates them highly.
Surrey MoT places (Diesel) - 659FBE
Fox's garage, Midleton Ind Est, Guildford 01483 567096 (don't confuse with H A Fox - jag dealer) are a small independent which I've used for many years. MOTs are generally done by the owner with care and consideration - for example, although I've taken some old cars there, seat protectors are always used and wooden blocks placed under the lifting points. I have two diesels and the smoke test is carried out with sympathy for the engine. No connnections, of course.

Surrey MoT places (Diesel) - mss1tw
Brilliant thanks guys.
Surrey MoT places (Diesel) - cheddar
My dad uses Peter Cooper in Wintersells Road of Oyster Lane, Byfleet, he does not have a diesel though says that they are very good.
Surrey MoT places (Diesel) - RichardW
Sadly the VOSA prescribed test is to rev the nuts off it. However, it should be done in a controlled manner, and provided it is reasonably clean shold pass with only 1 attempt - make sure you take it for an Italian before hand (oh, which involves revving the nuts off it....!)
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Surrey MoT places (Diesel) - Martin1981
Took my pensionable 306TD for its MOT last week, gave it a blast at 50 in 3rd gear (where road conditions allowed) and it passed on the second attempt. That was without stuffing some Redex into the tank like I've done on past occasions, but I did change the oil and all filters some 2k ago. The MOT guy even remarked on how clean and leak-free the engine was for 150k and 11 years old. The car does at least 2 good runs per week at a sustained 70-80mph for a lengthy period, which obviously helps on top of frequent oil and filter changes.

Martin