Green Brake Fluid? Mercedes 300te estate - stevetwigg
Hi. I've got a old 300te estate merc. Went to charge the brake fluid today. But its green. On the res cap its got DOT4. Does anyone know, rang merc and they didn't know anything, and the local merc agent up and they didn't know too. Does anyone know about this green brake fluid and who makes it. p,s i know all about old citroen brake fluid thats green.. Thank you
Green Brake Fluid? - Aprilia
You got the year and/or model series and I will look in my Merc manuals.
Green Brake Fluid? - elekie&a/c doctor
As this is an estate model it will have self levelling rear suspension.There is a reservoir tank on the n/s/f wing behind the headlight.This requires hydraulic fluid similar to green Citroen type.Is it possible that this fluid has been incorrectly poured into brake master cylinder?
Green Brake Fluid? - Roger Jones
My official MB handbook, Technical data for passenger cars, goes up to October 1993 and has 0.45L of DOT 4 Plus specified on p. 173 (service product sheet no. 331.0) against all the models it covers, without exception (124, 126, 129, 140, 201, 202). The hydraulic fluid for the self-levelling system is on on p. 172 as "approx. 2.0L" of service product sheet no. 343 (part no. 000 989 91 03/10).
Green Brake Fluid? - Roger Jones
I should add: increase to 0.6L of DOT 4 Plus if the W124 has ASR (Anti Schlupf Regelung, anti-slip regulation, traction control. . . .).
Green Brake Fluid? - Wigster
yup! deffo sounds like citroen LHM fluid to me just poured in the wrong reservoir.
Green Brake Fluid? Mercedes 300te estate - jansengeorge

I had my mercedes brake fluid change done last weekend its on my 53 plate ML 270 CDI.I noticed though that the bleed nipples on the rear of the car were undisturbed! I am wondering whether this is a normal procedure?

Edited by jansengeorge on 19/02/2011 at 03:21

Green Brake Fluid? Mercedes 300te estate - Peter D

Take it back they clearly have not change the fluid. Regards Peter