Ford 6000 Versus Ford 4500 cd - Ford Dagenham
Hello

Wife just ordered a new fiesta.

It comes with a 6000 cd player I notice it used to be called the 4500 cd player.

What is the difference between the 4500 and 6000.
--
(iam not a mechanic)
Martin Winters
Ford 6000 Versus Ford 4500 cd - Galaxy
I didn't know what a Ford 4500 Radio was so I looked for one on Ebay.

Basically the 4500 is designed to fit Fiestas only, and, from the photos on Ebay, it appears to have a completely different method if fitting. I think they look horrible!

The Ford 6000 is a much more attractive unit, in my own opinion, and is also of Ford universal fitting, and is used in a whole variety of Ford vehicles including, Mondeos, Focuss (Focii??!!), Pumas, KAs and even Transit vans.

The 6000 also have the removeable security panel on the front panel, from the pictures, it would appear that the 4500 doesn't, though I do stand to be corrected; I've never seen a 4500 in real life, as I say.

Hello

I must stress that iam reffering to the new style 6000 not the one fitted to older cars.

Also Iam reffering to the 4500 fitted to the Fiesta Range etc before the newer one came out.

I Just thought i would mention that so that we are clear.

Does anyone have any info on sound quality changes etc.

Thanks for your reply galaxy.
--
(iam not a mechanic)
Martin Winters
Does anyone have any information.
--
(iam not a mechanic)
Martin Winters
Ford 6000 Versus Ford 4500 cd - Dynamic Dave
Does anyone have any information.

Ford themselves maybe?
Hello

Thankyou for the great support.

I wont take the comment sarcasticly at all i thought Members of this forum would posses some information from experiances that they may have had with these units.
--
(iam not a mechanic)
Martin Winters
Ford 6000 Versus Ford 4500 cd - fiestasi
Hi
I have a 6000CD unit in my 56 fiesta freedom. The sound quality is not too bad for a standard unit. The unit has selectable auto volume adjustment for when you are travelling at speed ( I tried this but didn't like it so switched off the feature). It is also possible to set the speakers to front only or front and rear and to adjust the bass/treble levels to taste. This is better than the 3000 cassette/radio unit in my previous fiesta Si which had speakers on the front doors only. The unit doesn't have a removable panel and I'm not sure if this would fit into another Ford vehicle, but it is keycoded. I have bluetooth/remote controls on my car as standard. The remote controls are very useful but the bluetooth is a bit hit and miss. It doesn't always recognise the commands you give it. My unit had to be replaced in less than two weeks of taking delivery of the car due to a CD system fault. The replacement seems OK so far.
I hope your wife will like her new Fiesta. I have had mine now for 5 months. It was abit of a culture shock after owning a Fiesta Si for more than 10 years. The car seems well made overall and runs a bit quieter than my old one (tyre noise is a bit of a problem but not really that noticable when you have the music on). Fuel consumption is a bit on the high side but I think this is because of the weight of the car.
Hope this helps.
annesi