VOSA Info Glitch - Robbie
I took my car in for its first MOT and third year service. When I got my computerised MOT form it had my vehicle as petrol and not diesel. When I informed the service receptionist he couldn't alter it as the computer is set up by VOSA. He said the reason was because my last vehicle was petrol and I have a personal plate. I've had my Accord from new and other details were correct although I haven't checked the VIN. The dealer took a photocopy of the MOT certificate and will 'phone VOSA to change the details.

It doesn't inspire confidence in any government computerised initiative if they cam make a simple mistake such as this.
VOSA Info Glitch - Armitage Shanks {p}
Nothing inspires confidence in a government computer scheme! Think passports, criminal records, Tax credits and CSA and road pricing in any form!
VOSA Info Glitch - terryb
All government systems outsourced to the private sector!
--
Terry
VOSA Info Glitch - martint123
What does your V5 logbook say?
What does your V5 logbook say?

Diesel. The DVLA site also has it as diesel. I've just renewed my disc online.
VOSA Info Glitch - Altea Ego
did they run the smoke test?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
did they run the smoke test?
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >

I've no idea. What's the smoke test?

I was reading newspapers and drinking coffee in the quite tasteful longe that's provided.
Lounge, even. Oh for an edit button.
thats the one where they rev the googlies off the engine?
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Meant to add (oh for an edit button) thats a diesel only test
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
VOSA Info Glitch - Armitage Shanks {p}
Well they should have - OP's car IS a diesel in spite of paperwork to the contrary!
which is why i asked.
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
There is no problem with the dealer who knew it was a diesel, particularly as they sold it to me. It was when they printed out the MOT that it came up as petrol.
VOSA Info Glitch - Tiffx19
You can change the fuel type when entering the details into the computer,but cannot change them after a certificate has been issued.....
VOSA Info Glitch - Aprilia
You can change the fuel type when entering the details into
the computer,but cannot change them after a certificate has been issued.....

This is correct. The garage is wrong to blame VOSA. They should check and alter the fuel type, if necessary, before printing the certificate. Similarly they can alter other details (e.g. whether odometer reading is in miles or km, date of expiry of certificate - if you have the old one etc etc). If they print the certificate then it becomes more difficult to alter, I think they have to get in touch with VOSA. That is probably what the garage meant. Still, it is easier for them to just blame it on VOSA and most customers will happily believe it.
VOSA Info Glitch - Tiffx19
I had a problem like this when I bought my bike.It came with a years MOT,After insuring it,I went to tax it,and noticed the reg document read a different number plate ...alarm bells....I checked with the DVLA and found that the number on the reg document was correct,and that someone had made up the plate wrongly with 2 letters back to front.Upon contacting VOSA they said that the wrong details could be entered manually,allowing a "New" vehicle to be created on the database.The only way to correct it was to have another MOT test,with the correct plate.An MOT tester has to test as presented-so he did no wrong...unless he made the plate of course!