Mystery Volvo? - Mike Rollings
Over the last few weeks I've been seeing a white estatein Crawley which loooks very like a Volvo 900 series, except...

It has very low profile tyres (like rubber bands really)
A front spoiler similar to that on my Alfa 75 Veloce
An exhaust pipe the size of a drainpipe
A rear roof spoiler
The only badges on it say Autech Version
It's an 'R' registration
Darkened windows.

I reckon I'm a bit of a petrolhead, but I've never seen or heard of one of these before. BTW it's right hand drive.

Any ideas??
Re: Mystery Volvo? - RogerL
The first season Volvo entered the Touring Car Championship, they used estate-based entries and produced some look-a-likes for general sale. Could it have been one of these?
Re: Mystery Volvo? - Trevor Potter
You do know that Volvo mistakenly entered the BTCC, because someone told them it was the British TOWING Car Championship?
Re: Mystery Volvo? - Flat in Fifth
Personally I thought Volvo entering BTCC with an estate was a master stroke.

1) It got them noticed and talked about.
2) They were in a win-win situation.
option 2A if they did well the implied message being, if we can do this with an estate just imagine.....
option 2B If they did badly, implied message, well what do you expect its a blooming estate.....

Marketing at its very best in my honest opinion.
Re: Mystery Volvo? - Kevin

Sounds similar to a metallic gold 850 Volvo estate I see now and again around M4 J11 during morning rush hour. It has a fake shaker on the hood that stands at least six inches high. It looks quite ugly.

Kevin...
Re: Mystery Volvo? - Andy P
This is probably an imported Nissan Stagea 260RS. The reason for the stying is that beneath the bonnet lies the 280hp RB26DETT engine from the Skyline GTR-33. Have a look at www.zigzagasia.com/zza/cars/shutoko/001/cars.html

Andy
Re: Mystery Volvo? - gwyn parry
Do its indicators work ? If they do it ain't a normal Volvo driver either.
Re: Mystery Volvo? - Rita
Gwn - shame on you - my indicators work and I think that makes me a normal Volvo driver, albeit one whose car is still cutting out.

Cheers
Re: Mystery Volvo? - gwyn parry
Rita, Sorry,
Celebrating 20 yrs of motorcycling and avoiding Capt. Volvo this year, out on 60 mile dawdle today reinforced my deeply prejudiced view of said vehicles. ;-)
Re: Mystery Volvo? - Alwyn
Gwyn,

I gotta Volvo! And blinking blinkers!

Watch the A55 near St Asaph. Two new Gatsos being erected.
Gwynn - Apology accepted.

I too have a dislike of drivers who do not use their indicators, Volvo drivers included. I have a particular aversion to lorry drivers entering/leaving roundabout without indicators, driving one handed whilst using mobile phone with the other.

I too have a dislike of drivers who do not use their indicators, Volvo drivers included. I have a particular aversion to lorry drivers entering/leaving roundabout without indicators, driving one handed whilst using mobile phone with the other.

Isn't once enough? - Andy P
I think we got the idea after the first message
Re: Isn't once enough? - Rita
Andy - I wasn't trying to emphasise the point. It was just that I thought my PC had jammed, it often does and I tend to forget that every time I hit a key in the hope that something will occur the function is stored in the memory and then when the PC comes back on stream the function is repeated as often as the times I hit the key.

I would like to tell you about the time I hit the print button and had a letter printed 63 times and I didn't know how to stop the printing. I won't be 'cause I wouldn't like to belabour the point.

I think smilies are called for :-) :-) ad infinitum
Re: Isn't once enough? - Brian
When it doubt, pull it out (the plug, I mean, not your hair).
I have done the same, and on a much larger number than 63!
Re: Isn't once enough? - Double Decker
Rita

Do let us know if you accept Gwyn's apology! Or do we have to wait for the post that spells his name correctly?

Smilies :-) :-) ad infinitum .....

DD
DD - Gwn's apology is most certainly accepted. I could plead a typo but it was just me being lazy and not checking.

:-) ad in.
DD - Gwn's apology is most certainly accepted. I could plead a typo but it was just me being lazy and not checking.

:-) ad in.

I have a vague feeling that this is also going to be repeated. Apologies