Fuel additives: do you use them? - Mad Maxy
Further to the thread on SUL...

Which of you use petrol or diesel additives? I used to use Miller's Diesel Power Plus in my VW Golf GT TDI, and I plan to use their Euro 4 stuff in my BM. I've also given the Audi 2.0 FSI the odd dose of injector cleaner.

Why do you/don't you use? What benefits have you seen (or think you've seen)?
Fuel additives: do you use them? - Roger Jones
VW's own injector cleaner -- part number G 001 700 03, which you may need because dealers seem woefully ignorant of its existence.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - Brian Tryzers
> Fuel additives: do you use them?

No.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - Brian Tryzers
OK, I'll expand a little. The product (i.e. diesel fuel - mostly Shell) seems to work well enough straight from the pump, so in the same way as I don't use spray-on paint protector or clear plastic covers over the seats, I simply don't feel the need to add anything. I don't use fabric softener (in my washing machine!) either, on the same grounds that it claims to solve problems I don't feel I have.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - DP
Nope. I stick to branded fuel and change my diesel filter rather than just drain it at service time (at £2.75 it's hardly an issue). I'm hoping this will be enough to keep the fuel system healthy until I part company with the car.

Fuel additives: do you use them? - Red Baron
No, never used them, ever. I remain to be convinced over their effect.

If soemone were to give me the money to run a trial over many tankfulls with before and after bhp power tests etc, then I may change my mind.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - Cliff Pope
Yes. I use Millers VSP Plus in my Triumph 2000. It compensates for the withdrawal of lead from ordinary petrol, in both preventing valve seat recession and restoring the necessary octane rating. By experiment I find it works perfectly well at half the recommended dose. It is cheaper than LRP, and works better.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - 659FBE
No. Spend the money on fuel system maintenance, including draining the water trap in the filter and using OE or Bosch filters.

Fuel additives: do you use them? - Dynamic Dave
Only time a fuel additive gets added to my tank is during it's annual service where the garage put in some forte product or other.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - L'escargot
I've never used them. If they were beneficial the car manufacturer would recommend them. In fact my car's handbook specifically warns against them, thus "Do not use supplemental additives or other engine treatments. They are unnecessary and could lead to engine and/or catalytic converter damage which is not covered by Ford Warranty." I think they know best.
--
L\'escargot.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - ianhadden
As has been seen today-Poor Fuel- ALL fuel suppliers put additives in. So, is their version automatically better than someone else's?
Fuel additives: do you use them? - dodo
My Citroen ZX diesel went much better after a dose of forte.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - oilrag
No, I don`t use fuel or oil additives, polish, seat covers, mudflaps, diamondbright, rainX, seat fabric protectant, plastic protectant, battery additives............

I put the savings into fully synthetic oil, OE filters and main brand fuel.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - L'escargot
............ ALL fuel suppliers put additives
in. So, is their version automatically better than someone else's?

The difference is that their additives are approved by vehicle manufacturers.
--
L\'escargot.
Fuel additives: do you use them? - J Bonington Jagworth
Yes, acetone, added at about 0.3% (30ml/10litres).

Improves consumption of car and bike by around 8%, shortens warm-up time and improves running, especially of (2-cylinder) bike, which is more tractable and requires less choke to start. Some of this is subjective, of course, but if, as I believe, it increases atomisation of the fuel by lowering the surface tension, improved combustion and the other benefits should follow.

This arose from a lengthy discussion here:
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=33064&...f
I've used Miller's diesel additive on HJ's recommendation - he was always on about it a few years ago. I never use supermarket petrol (thank heavens, maybe...).
I never use
supermarket petrol

Or diesel.