VW Golf 1.9 Diesel TDI injectors? - Horridhenry
I have just bought a VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1.9 GL TDI 'M' reg. with 110,00 miles on the clock.
I have found that the car judders slightly when under light load. It runs fine at speed or when pulling away and goes really well. It's when cruiseing on a light throttle doing say 40 to 60 that it judders. It's done 110,000 miles, do you think diesel injection cleaner will do the trick or will I need new injectors? I have filled up with BP ultimate diesel and added STP cleaner and given it a half hour thrashing but no luck. What do you think? Is there anything else I need to clean?
Cheers - Dave.
Just noticed this in another thread.

'I'd favour the Air Mass Meter...common VAG failing!'

Could that cause my slight judder do you think?

Cheers - Dave.
VW Golf 1.9 Diesel TDI injectors? - mini, pug, landy, Andy
just a quick question horrid

when the engine is juddering do you notice the dash panel illumination flickering slightly at the same time, only really visible at night?

Hi. I haven't noticed the panel lights flickering, but then I haven't been out in the dark. Is this a problem you have found?
The car runs fine when under load or at speed, pulls well and starts with no trouble.
I have changed the thermostat as it was running cold all the time and I think (hope) that with a blocked air filter from the previous owner - the injectors have fouled up. I have a tank of BP ultimate fuel and some stp injector cleaner - and now it's running at the proper temperature, fingers crossed it might
cure itself. (Optomist!)
Regards - Horrid.
VW Golf 1.9 Diesel TDI injectors? - mini, pug, landy, Andy
yeah mine has a slight fluctuation in engine power at light throttle openings, acompanied by the panel lights flickering. however i think this is a voltage fluctuation across the whole car as on the odd occasion i get the three beeps from the dash and the abs light flickers and then when i read the fault codes it is the abs module reporting a low battery supply voltage

can anybody throw any light on this? it only seems to happen as the car is warming up, does'nt do it all the time and the problem will clear if you stop and restart

my thoughts are a dodgey main relay (item 94 in the haynes wiring diagrams) or loose/dirty main earth point in the engine bay but as it is annoyingly intermittent fault finding is a bit hard. vw looked at the fault last service couldent find anything wrong but still charged me 64 quid for looking

my car is a mk 4 gt tdi 130 btw