1997/R Fiesta 1.25 Zetec-s engine prob. - gtt-16vt
Hello folks. My girlfriend owns a 1997/R Fiesta with the 1.25 Zetec-s engine. I have used the car a couple of times over the last few days and noticed a fairly serious problem with it which I need help with.

The car only shows this problem when cold. When started and driven from cold there is an intermittent fault whereby the engine severly holds back. It feels as though it is pulling out all power, even with the accelerator pedal fully to the floor in first the car crawls forward as if there is no power. It will act like this for a few seconds and then the problem clears itself and the car shoots forward as if something has switched the power back on.

Obviously it is a little dangerous when trying to pull on to busy roundabouts and pulling across junctions etc.

I'm personally a VW and Renault man and know nothing of Fords, however I feel this could be linked to the ignition system. With the clutch depressed the engine revs freely.

Any help which you may have would be really appreciated.
1997/R Fiesta 1.25 Zetec-s engine prob. - Rattle
Knowing my dads Zetec its probably a sensor problem, they seem common Fords.
1997/R Fiesta 1.25 Zetec-s engine prob. - gtt-16vt
Once the engine is warm then the problem goes. Next time it happens im going to dip the clutch and see how the engine reacts. I guess that would show whether it is an engine or transmission/brakes problem.