peugeot 106 timing belt - a.j
I have bought a 106 xn graduate 1.1 petrol for £200 with failed mot as a run around,i have done repairs and passed mot,the car has done 109,000 miles (you wouldn't think so)due to a history missing i am going to change timing belt,my question is what is the recommeded intervals+is it a easy job?any tips to make job easier .
Regards Andrew.
peugeot 106 timing belt - 659FBE
It's an easy enough job on this car - removing the covers can be the hardest part due to lack of space. I would definitely replace the water pump at this mileage and have a good look at the tensioner, although these are of excellent quality on this engine with sealed ball bearings and a metal roller.

Use a piece of domestic door handle square rod to set the tension and follow the instructions in the Haynes manual. You don't need the SEEM tension setting tool - the dealers don't use them anyway. Best place for spares is GSF.

peugeot 106 timing belt - Peter D
72K and yes change the water pump. Regards Peter
peugeot 106 timing belt - LeePower
A PSA TU timing belt is about the easiest one you can do, on the same level as a Ford CVH timing belt.

Should take about 2 hours if its your first one, with practice you can change them in 45 minutes they are that easy.