SORN declaration - Andrew Moorey
I recently purchased a car which had been sitting off-road for some months in need of repair. The VED disc was not in the vehicle. I registered the car in my name and have now got the new V5. The vehicle is still not ready for the road and won't be for a few more weeks. How do I make a SORN declaration with the the LVL office. Is there a form available or will a letter suffice?
Re: SORN declaration - Dwight Van Driver
Andrew

From the SORN Notice:

You may use Form V890 which you can get by contacting DVLA Customer Enquiries Unit on 0870 240 0010 or

E Mail : Vehicles.dvla@gtnet.gov.uk.

The form is also available to PERSONAL CALLERS only at a DVLA Local Office - check your phone book under Enviroment, Transport and the Rergions, department of etc.

Typical Red Tape why cannot they have these forms at Post Offices?

DVD
Re: SORN declaration - David W
DVD,

Isn't the form available as a download from the DVLA website.

I agree that it's daft the PO counter doesn't have them. First time I wanted one several POs told me you could only declare SORN by using the back of the VED renewal and it wasn't possible to declare it without taxing first.

David
Re: SORN declaration - Dwight Van Driver
David

Spot on as per usual - haven't had my daily dose of Millers to get rid of overnight carbon deposits.

www.dvla.gov.uk/forms/pdf/v890online.pdf

to get your very own printed out SORN.

Ain't the Web wonderful?

DVD.
Re: SORN declaration - David W
DVD,

Sorry I was too busy to look for the link.

Mother "Outlaw" due soon to make her quarterly inspection.

Headless chickens and all that!

David
Re: SORN declaration - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
Tried this but all I got was a couple of error messages and a crisp sheet of blank paper from the printer!
Re: SORN declaration - Dave Lacey aka Dr Dave
I got it down OK and printed...

Perhaps your printer needs a dose of Millers, Andrew?

:-)