Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - pmh
I have just been quoted 250 euros by a French main dealer for Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service. This seemed to be taken from a printed book of prices, and I forgot to ask if it was TTC.

Has anybody got represenative UK prices or experience of regional French variations please.
--

pmh (was peter)

Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - Bill Payer
No idea, but I thought servicing was so much cheaper in France that it was worth going over for the day? Yet 250 Euros doesn't sound cheap at all.
Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - FP
On the contrary, I thought French garages were much more expensive - hence the number of poorly maintained cars you see on the roads over there. In any case, €250 is about £169, which doesn't seem too bad to me. I paid my local indie £121 for my 306 HDi service last Friday and supplied the engine oil myself.
Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - FP
I see my posting has been garbled. It should read "125 Euros is about £169". [I used the "euro" symbol on my keypad, which something in the system didn't like!]
Generally French garages are cheaper, from 30-45 euro per hour for smaller independents depending on the skill level of the labour required. i was very surprised by the quote of 250! hence the question.
--

pmh (was peter)

Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - quizman
Having your car serviced cheaper in France is all very well. The last time I bought some wine and lager back from Calais I found that one case (12 bottles) of "decent" Burgundy was off and about a third of the refreshingly expensive lager was off also. There was not much I could do about it, if I had got it from the local Majestic I could have taken it back. So if you have a problem after the service it is a long way to go back to complain.
I ended up paying £159.00 in the Uk (at the supplying deater)., including a a free exterieur valet, which was much needed.

--

pmh (was peter)

Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - Armitage Shanks {p}
"It should read "125 Euros is about £169".
No it shouldn't, that is a VERY bad exchange rate! I have had my 1.6 Hdi 307 serviced at a main dealer, twice, and the cost was under £120 on each occasion.
Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - tr7v8
125 Euros would be around £90 according to the exchange rate I got last week!
Picasso 1.6HDi 1st /12 mnth service - Chad.R
The OP mentioned 250 Euros and that was probably what was meant - which would equate to approx £170.