Accord Diesel Service - Robbie
My Accord Tourer will be three years old at the beginning of March, so yesterday I booked it in for service and MOT for 28th February. I was asked if |I wanted an emissions service for it - £19.99 + vat, and a brake check with the wheels off - extra again. I refused these, on impulse, as I have paid quite a bit for a service which has basically been an oil change.

I'm amazed that a service does not include removing the wheels for a service for a Honda. When my Omega was serviced I was always asked for the key for the wheels.

I haven't done a huge mileage - 17,000 - and that has been long journeys, mainly to France each year. I won't use the car for just a couple of miles.

Should I pay extra for an emissions service and a brake check with the wheels removed?

Accord Diesel Service - Sprice
Surprised you felt the need for a diesel if you've only done 17k in three years? Nah, don't pay extra for things like removing the wheels, you've not necessarilt got to remove the wheels to check the brakes.
Accord Diesel Service - mark999
These days a dealer service only seems to include a visual brake check. I had trouble with one rear brake locking on the Yaris untill I entrusted the servicing to a local guy who includes a full strip down and clean.