What's "Automatic" Air con? - catalyst2
As opposed to manual one? (on the new Grand Vitara 3dr)

Does it come on automatically without the driver being able to control it? How does that work?
What's "Automatic" Air con? - Round The Bend
Suspect it's what others call climate control.
What's "Automatic" Air con? - L'escargot
Suspect it's what others call climate control.

Could that be what the global warming scaremongers need? ;-)
--
L\'escargot.
What's "Automatic" Air con? - rogue-trooper
i think that it might be another way of saying climate control. ie you set the temp to 18ºc in your car and the a/c will automatically keep at that temp.

probably totally different but there be my tuppence
What's "Automatic" Air con? - Stuartli
The test review I read stated climate control is included from the base three-door model upwards.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
OK, I see, a new fancy name for Climate control then, thanks to all.
I've just forgot to mention though about Climate Control. A few yrs ago, I tried a Nissan with CC (cant remember which one it was) but the CC if I remember well would not go below 17 or 18C, which is quite warm for air/con (as most a/c systems I think are set between 3 and 10C).
I have ordinary air/con (that must be approx. 8 celsius) on my current car and I appreciate a short blast of cold air all year round for a few minutes at a time, followed by hot air to dry the system out. To me 15-18 C really is too warm.

Are ALL or most climate control air con systems set roughly around the 15-18 C mark? (or can you set them at the temperature that you want?)
What's "Automatic" Air con? - Hamsafar
The temperature set is that of the cabin, not of the air coming out the vents. No aircon would make the whole cabin that low in temp. Most go down to about 18C and then have a LOW setting below that whereby the aircon just tries to go as low as it can.
What's "Automatic" Air con? - daveyjp
Mine goes from 'LO' - full cooling all the time, 16 through to 28 at 0.5C intervals (why?!), then 'HI' full heat all the time. Between 19 and 22 is my usual setting.
What's "Automatic" Air con? - Jonathan {p}
My Climate control goes down to 15 and I can tell you that is chilly.

I normally have mine set to 18 in summer and 20-21 in winter
OK, I understand, thanks for your help.
What's "Automatic" Air con? - mss1tw
Mine goes from 'LO' - full cooling all the time, 16
through to 28 at 0.5C intervals (why?!), then 'HI' full heat
all the time. Between 19 and 22 is my usual
setting.

You drive a VAG car don't you!
What's "Automatic" Air con? - Micky
The elderly R12 aircon systems fitted to various elderly Granadas I have enjoyed at various times during my long and tedious motoring career could produce 0'C at the vents, frostbite of the fingers was a possibility. The aircon systems in most modern cars appear to struggle in ambient 30'C plus.

Come back R12, a few Kiwi sheep with skin problems is a small price to pay. Does this post need a smiley thing? No. I think not.