Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - qxman {p}
I will shortly be wanting to order a new car. I've noticed that Impreza 2.0R's are available at good prices and I have heard many good things about the Impreza, especially its handling and reliabiliy. The latest non-turbo version has 160BHP, 0-60 in 8.5 seconds and 130mph top speed - that sounds fast enough to me, and I would prefer to do without the complication and expense of the turbo version, whilst still getting the good handling.
Unofrtunately most Impreza road tests concentrate on the turbo version.
Has anyone driven one of these cars for a prolonged period of time? Any opinions on them?
Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - Happy Blue!
Well I drove a Forester (Imprezza on 2" stilts) for two years before handing it over to my father and taking an Outback instead. I also drove a manual Forester with the new 2.0 engine for a short time, but as I was used to a Turbo Auto I couldn't really tell how speedy it was in comparison.

However the general experience of the Forester was good. No problems at all (it is a Subaru!) and very comfortable and easy to drive quickly and safely. My only thought about the bottom range Imprezza's was that the interior was a little basic and the car lacked the number of goodies that others had as standard (or it looked like that to me from the vantage of loaded Forester XT. I like a small 4-door saloon and if they did a faster, more higher spec Imprezza I could have been tempted.
Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - stunorthants26
I drove a 1998 Impreza 2.0 Sport a few years back and it was a brilliant car and plenty fast enough.
Im sure the latest one is just as good - my mum is looking at a 2.0 auto one for herself.
Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - qxman {p}
A number of reports are a bit critical of the Impreza interior, but it seems to have all the things that matter like front and side airbags, climate control, radio and CD and electric windows and mirrors. There is not really anything additional that I would want.
I am going to see if I can get a test drive tomorrow.
Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - chukter
I believe the new Impreza hatchback model is due out shortly, (possibly April), so if you are interested in the current model, you should be able to negotiate a hefty discount.
Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - Aprilia
Not driven the latest one (160BHP) but the previous model (130 BHP) was fairly rapid and fun.
You have a drivetrain that can reliable handle 230+bhp, so it should last forever with the lower outputs. Handling is outstanding. Subaru spend the money on the oily bits and not on giving you a soft-touch dashboard. Real 'engineers' cars.
Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - Falkirk Bairn
5 door for £12,000 for Del mileage @ motorpoint

Seems goiod value whne the list price for the 105BHP is over £12,000 - "55BHP for free!"
Opinions on Impreza 2.0R - AR-CoolC
I believe the new Impreza hatchback model is due out shortly,
(possibly April), so if you are interested in the current model,
you should be able to negotiate a hefty discount.

My Auto Express wall chart has it down as being released in December, but I would think it's going to be more like early Autumn.

I'll be having a good look at one for my next car (Jan 08)
Does anyone have a link to more information on this car?
www.motorauthority.com/cars/subaru/preview-2008-su.../

Not a lot of detail I'm afraid
www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/205057/...l

A bit more detail here.
Hmm, looks a bit bland. Bit like a Mazda 3 crossed with a BMW 1-.