Getting a new vehicle registered. - pullgees
I was thinking about those scavengers on the Devon beach who took the BMW motorcycles from the stricken container ship. How would they manage to get it registered with DVLA without any documents, bill of sale etc? And no I am not one of those guys, just curious.
Getting a new vehicle registered. - jc2
They wouldn't;they'd have been broken for spares or possibly a seriously accident damaged vehicle could be mysteriously repaired.
Getting a new vehicle registered. - martint123
Bikes especially are worth much more in parts than as a whole. Not unusual for a dealer to break a brand new bike for parts if it's a bit slow getting it sold. All down to the ludicrous prices of spares - but don't get me going.
Getting a new vehicle registered. - BobbyG
I wonder if these will ever end up on ebay? If so, will there be a certain "kudos" about being the first to put some up for sale and the resultant publicity that they will no doubt get from the tabloids, or will they all be lying low for a while or getting rid through less public methods?
Getting a new vehicle registered. - L'escargot
I was thinking about those scavengers on the Devon beach who
took the BMW motorcycles from the stricken container ship. How would
they manage to get it registered with DVLA without any documents,
bill of sale etc?

I would imagine that BMW would have immediately notified the DVLA (and any other relevant authority) of the VIN numbers and descriptions of the motorcycles with the request that they (BMW) be allowed to "clear" the motorcycle before registration was carried out.
--
L'escargot.
Getting a new vehicle registered. - Dynamic Dave
>>>> I would imagine that BMW would have immediately notified ....

According to an article in my paper the other day, they have done just that. Chassis and engine numbers all registered as lost / stolen.
Getting a new vehicle registered. - aahbarnes
You need a certificate of conformity to register, they'd never get one.
Getting a new vehicle registered. - T Lucas
It is a very straight forward process,even if you have not got documentation for the vehicle.