Corsa battery and Master cylinder - Robin the Technician
Hi Guys,
As my Daughters Vauxhall corsa '02 1.4 only does a small mileage per week, I decided to take the battery off to charge it over the weekend. I ended up charging it on the car as it seems that half the panelwork under the bonnet has to be removed to take it off. Is this the case? is it REALLY that difficult to remove. Anyone got the definitive method of removal?? Similarly the brake master cylinder seems inaccessible too and it looks like the o/s wiper arm has to be removed before access can be gained to do a simple job like checking/ topping up the reservoir. Again is this the case?? Again anyone with the definitive method of checking.

As always your divine advice and guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Corsa battery and Master cylinder - Victorbox
I'd be interested in the battery solution as I suspect half the wiper area panelling does need to come out to change the battery (5 minute job on a Nova with battery in a similar location!). From memory, isn't there a small screw locating the plastic just above the master cylinder reservoir and then that small part (about 3 inches wide) of the whole plastic shroud that run across the windscreen base flips up like a lid?
Corsa battery and Master cylinder access - Robin the Technician
No one have any clues to this one then........???

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...
Corsa battery and Master cylinder access - Collos25
BMW in their wisdom due to the battery being hidden in the rear somewhere put a charging point under the bonnet.I have not actually found the batttery yet never mind remove it.
Corsa battery and Master cylinder access - Robin the Technician
This is a Vauxhall not a BMW........

--
Corsa battery and Master cylinder - Chas{P}
Master cylinder access could be from inside the car below the steering wheel by removing the lower dash panel. That's how you get at it on a Focus... just an idea/thought.

HTH
OK - with trusty Haynes manual to hand.

Brake Fluid Reservoir.
Min / Max levels are viewed through gap in black plastic cover / water deflector on lower (offside) side nearest screenwash bottle. To top up (which I've never had to do) Haynes says first lift the plastic cover (black plastic above cap) part of water deflector (seems to be hinged at rear) and unscrew cap after wiping area clean of dirt.

Battery.
Pull off rubber seal from firewall at rear of engine compartment - the one that runs right across engine bay. Remove water deflector from in front of windscreen by first removing wiper arms then undoing retaining screws. Disconnect tubing from washer nozzles. Undo battery terminals & bolt from battery clamp in the conventional way. Before refitting battery check all doors are unlocked.
In fact, most of the items needed to be removed to get at the battery are shown in the Puravent pictures about how to replace the pollen filter which is nearby. www.puravent.co.uk/filters/dispfilter.pl?id=94