Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - JohnL
Just saw on ad on ch5 for their new motoring programme Fifth Gear
It starts on Monday 8th April at 8pm.
Re: Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - Honest John
'Auto Express' also carries a news item that Jeremy Clarkson is definitely coming back to head up a revamped BBC Top Gear, but no dates are mentioned.

HJ
Re: Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - CM
A revamped Top Gear? Who else will they have as 5th Gear seems to have all the old "cast" from Top Gear?
Re: TopGear - Sue Baker, et al - jack
I would quite like to see the like of Sue Baker, Q Wilson, and other presenters of 10 years ago back on Top Gear.
Re: Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - Andy Bairsto
For those who still have an anologue satalite see the motoring program on Vox on sudays at I think 4pm uk time makes all the uk motoring programs together look like Noddy went to town with big ears
Re: Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - Graham Sherlock
You may like him or loathe him, but Jeremy Clarkson is needed to get TG back on top of the motoring programmes pile. His motoring & comment columns in the Sunday Times are well worth reading.
Re: Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - C.Rowley
Hello i am new here, but i would like to say that i watch a program on homes and gardens, on SKY. its called 'a car is reborn'. I find it very interesting. The idea is take a restoration project and restore it, its a bit like Salvage Squad, but the time they do it in is more real.
Re: A car is re(born) - Andrew Smith
Yep great program. You may also see the sister series called A Car is Born (building a kit car from a Sierra) and a Plane is Born (building a plane).
The problem with the programming on these channels is that they seem to screen the programs in a sort a random order so I have only seen the occasional episode.
I did catch the one at the end of the e-type resoration though where he admitted to spending 80k on restoring it.
Re: TopGear - Sue Baker, et al - Honest John
Jeremy should recruit Tom Hardiment of (or ex-of) The Garage on The Green as his used car man, exotic car supplier. They would be very good together.

HJ
Re: TopGear - Sue Baker, et al - CM
Can't see Fat Tom doing it (and as far as I know he is still at G on the G).
Re: Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - Honest John
I thought 'Driven' was good fun tonight. (Apparently Jason and Amanda are an item in case any of you were wondering.) Made the BPC output look like formula stuff.

HJ
Re: Fifth Gear - Channel 5 - Tomo
Agreed!!
Re: Top Gear - Honest John
This is a very mixed thread, but why does CM say Tom Hardiment wouldn't do Top Gear? If the money was right, he certainly would. He was by far the best on a series we did for ITV2 three years ago.

HJ
Re: Top Gear - CM
Only said it because I couldn't envisage Tom being on Top Gear, although as you say if the money was right......

It would be amusing to see him partner JC.
Re: Top Gear - Tomo
Not THE JC, I take it. On the other hand, perhaps he thinks he is.