traffic light offence - stevenage
just received note of intended prosecution for driving against a red light. can't remember doing it but was in the area with her indoors at the time. what's the procedure if we can't remember who was driving at the time?
traffic light offence - Armitage Shanks {p}
For good gen post this question on Pepipoo. Does the NIP ask who was driving? SFAIK it is only a fine and not points so perhaps it doesn't matter that much. Did NIP arrived with in 14 days? If you can't remember say so but I think ti will only delay the inevitable!
traffic light offence - Armitage Shanks {p}
"remember who was driving" of course!
traffic light offence - oilrag
I know some of my colleagues feel it fair game to share the points out in the family.
I couldnt believe that actually, time for us all to be micro chipped :)
traffic light offence - Lud
Happened to me. £60 and three.
traffic light offence - Westpig
if you write back stating who was the driver....it will go through the system on auto pilot, dealt with by an admin clerk

if you muck about, someone will take it personally, get the photo enhanced & unless you're the same build and hair colour as your good lady wife then it will be fairly obvious who it was .......that's presuming your vehicle is visible right through it from the rear of course.

what you don't want to do is muck about, then say it was SWMBO, despite the fact it was you....and then get caught out......because that would be Attempting to Pervert the Course of Justice....which means a serious criminal offence, criminal record and despite the climate of today, a likely prison sentence
traffic light offence - Zippy123
SFAIK perverting the course of justice can have a maximum sentance of life. Not likely for a traffic offence, but is a good indicator of the seriousness of the offence. Is it worth it?
traffic light offence - fray bentos
What is sfaik and swmbo? Thanks
traffic light offence - GroovyMucker
So far as I know, and according to she who must be obeyed, they're acronyms.

traffic light offence - Cliff Pope
Funny how people always "cannot remember" when there is a penalty involved. I can remember quite clearly who owes me money, who I leant that book to, whether I really did fill in the winning lottery ticket. I can even remember not to go into work at Christmas and bank holidays.
traffic light offence - Dwight Van Driver
Stevenage

Failure to confirm to the indication given by a traffic sign (red light) is an offence that requires service of NOIP within 15 days of the offence (14days ignoring the date of the offence). I presume that this was sent by post and only Reg Post, rec delivery or First class post is allowed. Have they complied with these two items?

Along with the NOIP will be a form sent by or on behalf of the Chief Officer of Police under Section 172 Road Traffic Acxt 1988.
This form will ask you as the Reg Keeper to name the driver. It has to be signed and sent back within 28 days otherwise an offence committed .

If all in order at Para 1 and you comply with para 2 naming yourself as driver then next step is that you will get a Conditional Offer. Pay £60 collect 3 points and the matter is over (apart from you informing Insurance Company - read your policy).

Regarding Section 172 there is a defence if you can show that you did not know and could not with reasonable dilegence have ascertained who the driver of the vehicle was. You will therefore have to collect evidence such as photo from Camera people, enquiries amongst those that could have had access to your vehicle or driven it. This will have to be pleaded before a Court to the satisfaction of the Bench. Bear in mind, what was a legitimate defence has been abused that much that it may take some pleading. Obviously if you are going down this road then there will be no need to sign 172, return with the papers stating that you are pleading Not Guilty and await service of summons.

As mentioned, if you incorrectly nominate some other who was the driver, you are treading in dangerous waters and what attracts a a nominal fine/points could esculate into something very serious for both.

dvd