Enthusiasts Shows - TimOrridge
Hi all,

Just finished helping me mate restore his 1990 Skoda Rapid RiC (very rare apparently) and we have been wondering about taking it to a Skoda Car Show. I have trawled the net looking but had no joy. We would be willing to travel up to 100 miles from Sheffield

Any suggestions on where to look

Also any same suggestions for Audi's too so I can take my car one day

Thanks
Enthusiasts Shows - Lud
TO,

there's an owners' club that I never got round to getting in touch with...

Is yr friend's RiC an injected one by any chance? The letters don't mean anything to me and I had five Estelles including two Rapids... Great cars.

How does it go? Will it do 100? Will it do better than 40mpg? Have you got a source of rear stub axles and bearings?
RiC = 1289cc Fuel Injection 62 Bhp 56000 miles

Not quick, hes had 81-82 ish on top whack and guess that it will return 30-35mpg

De-catted it and fitted maifold off an earlier estelle out of brakers yard, ha dto reconnect lambda sensor through a self made hole in exhaust

Hes had professional respray, wheels refurbed

Car was free but dont mention the cost, but fab cars and also to drive
Enthusiasts Shows - Lud
Called a 135 I believe. I saw one once.

But my carburetted 136 would do 100, as would a properly tuned 130 saloon with a bit of help from wind and/or gradient.... Didn't need incessant tweaking like an agricultural Lada either.
I wouldnt feel safe in a Estelle/Rapid at 100, 80 was pant colouring.

It does say 135i on the back

And it says 5 speed, like its a special edition or sumthing, love it when you see an old car with 5 speed on back!

Car is on www.skodarapid.com but cant seem to link the page to this site, there is a picture on there

Look under FEATURED CARS and then ADAM WOODBURN
Enthusiasts Shows - daveyjp
We used to attend shows with our smart so begin with the owners club(s).

Large shows I am aware of are Harewood House, Leeds which is on 3 June this year - you can take any car you like there, you just need to register your attendence. I have just been sent details of this show as I once enquired about the smart club attending and I am still on their mailing list.

Tatton Park in Cheshire also has a couple of shows but they are more choosy about who they have there.

Both venues have websites so check them out first for dates and contact details.
Enthusiasts Shows - bathtub tom
My daughter used to have a 1300 saloon. I joined the owners club as a source of information - brilliant! I do remember that 'if it could go wrong - it would go wrong'.
Heater hose blew up like a balloon before dumping coolant all over footwell.
Heater fan changed speed of its own accord
Window winder rack popped out of door drain hole preventing door closing.
Rear semi-trailing arms twisted so much the negative camber wore out the tyres very quickly.
etc.
etc.
etc.
Great fun to drive though.