Ulysse Door ajar indicator - cassman
Hello,

Can somebody tell me the locations of the switches that bring this warning light on. I appear to have found a number of possibilities but none have solved my fault - it still indicates a door open.

I have checked the sprung switches at the hinge side of the front doors - all appears okay.

The sliding doors appear to have 2 of these sprung switches and a pair of contact plates on each door which I am unsure what they do and I have been told that the switch for these doors to show closed is a small microswitch actually at the catch plate on the main body of the vehicle.

Then I come to the tail gate which I am having trouble opening as the central locking doesn't want to open it and the previous owner had lost the key? . ? !

Mark

ps it is a 1998 'S reg ', 1.9TDS
Ulysse Door ajar indicator - Collos25
It sounds to me that the jammed door might have a tadge to do with it.
Perhaps my headlights keep switching themselves off too - would that have anything to do with the jammed door as well.

I thought this was a seriously helpful message board, not one for people to throw conjecture at each other. If the central locking comes of the same supply as the door open alarm or the same switch then let me know but just because I have two faults does not mean they are connected unless anyone out there knows of a viable link.

I managed to remove the tailgate inner trim this morning and when activated, the central locking mechanism worked but I have now adjusted the catches as it was only locking on one side. I found a small black microswitch on the drivers side catch which is working when activated manually - but yet to try when back in position.

Any help with circuit for door open alarm appreciated and position of the switches.

Mark
Ulysse Door ajar indicator - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
No more conjecture to offer then?
Thought it was what we did best on this site.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Conjecture is not what I expect from this site as conjecture is guess work. I have found much information and helpful replies that have assisted me with my own, and friends vehicles from this site from the many helpful people that reply freely to offer their assistance and advice.

I would at least expect a bit of fact to link any suggestions to the fault described or perhaps a broadening of the guess the jammed door had anything to do with it.

I have looked through my circuit diagrams and manual and am still unsure what actually triggers the interior lights to come on. On other cars it has simply worked from the plunger type switch that earths the light circuit when the doors are opened. I can't find any such switch on the tailgate or the sliding doors.

The switch on the tailgate catch brings on the door ajar indicator and I assume there are similar switches on the sliding door catch mechanisms which all work to indicate door open but the only one of the three that bring on my interior lights is the drivers side sliding door.

Any useful help appreciated
Ulysse Door ajar indicator - Brit_in_Germany
The possibilites for the cause are not endless - either a switch, wiring or software fault on the electrical side or a mechanical misfunction in the closure mechanism. The switch will have to be either in the door well or in the closure mechanism, usually the former in order to avoid the necessity of cabling across the door hinge. Switches can either be mecanical, magnetic, optical or rf(induction). Costs usually lead to the use of a mechanical switch but there may be some reason for a sliding door to have a different arrangement. If I were desiging, I think a microswitch in the door runner would be my solution.

BIG