Imports - John Hester
I am considering purchasing a new Toyota Yaris from Onesearch. Through them I can save £2,327 over the U.K.list price.
The model I want is the CDX 5 door hatchback 4 speed automatic.

My Toyota agent here tells me not buy an import. Onesearch assure me that their import would be the exact same model with the same specifications as the car I would buy in this country.

This is very tempting. Do you have any information about this company and what are your comments?

Thank you

John Hester
Re: Imports - Marcus
A couple of years ago My girlfriend was looking at a New BMW Z3 - the dealer was adamant that BMW UK wouldn't touch an import so it would be impossible to sell on, there would be no warranty cover etc etc.......

So we ordered one from BMW UK,

However on a subsequent visit I was looking at an "approved used" Z3 and noticed there were a few items missing from the spec, such as ASR - and that the dash was different. So I enquired and was told by the salesman that it was because it was an "import" So the first guy was obviously lying.

Obviously the UK dealer will try and get your business and the £ 2327 will end up in his pocket.

I would ask for a detailed spec from onesearch to compare and order against this spec, and pay your deposit by credit card.

Marcus
Re: Imports - KB
John, The Yaris seems to find favour on this site in general and with me in particular, not to mention HJ's Mum who is another fan as I understand.

Have sent you an email as this has been covered quite a lot and don't want to bore the pants off everyone, as I normally do.

KB.
Re: Imports - Steve G
You could also try a few car supermarkets in the UK. Most of them stock imports such as the Yaris.
www.trade-sales.co.uk
www.gtccar.co.uk
www.motorpoint.co.uk

The Toyota salesmen was lying !!
Any sane dealer will gladly take your money for servicing whether the car was imported or not.
Its amazing this myth still carries on...
Re: Imports - DBE
John
Whereabouts are you in this fine country of ours? I live in the Deep South - Surrey. I have just (yesterday) ordered a new Yaris CDX auto from a UK franchised dealer at a saving of £950. I went first to Trade Sales in Slough, but wasn't happy with some of the replies I was getting. I quoted Trade Sales figures to my local dealer and to my surprise he gave me what I consider to be a good discount.
If you want more info. perhaps you can email me direct (don@aircars.co.uk)
Don/DBE
Re: Imports - KB
John, What news? Did you not rcve email? Be nice to know outcome of your deliberations.

KB.