Well Done Vauxhall - TimOrridge
All,

Just got back my trusty Audi 80 back after a accident repair, they lent me a NEW Shape Corsa 1.2 Club. First impressions were is that Ive never liked hatchbacks, but this changed my mind.

Handling spot on even on damp roads, Audi always understeers
Quicker than my 2.0 115bhp Audi, despite only have a 1.2 80bhp engine.

Very smooth and refined, and well equipped.

Spot on

Well Done Vauxhall!!
Well Done Vauxhall - Dynamic Dave
The Corsa recently came top of the supermini section of the "What Car" awards, and Overall Car of The Year as well.

www.autotrader.co.uk/EDITORIAL/car_page_content/33...l
Well Done Vauxhall - Hamsafar
C'mon!
Well Done Vauxhall - yorkiebar
Are you saying the corsa is a better car than the audi?

Or just that its not a bad little car ?

I Disagree with satement no1 but agree with no2.
Well Done Vauxhall - islandman
I think Vauxhall have improved condiderably over recent years and their cars are now up there with the other volumn makers.
Well Done Vauxhall - Imagos
Yup the Corsa's ok, just the lack of a water coolant temperature gauge..

(groan! not again!)

A long running irritant with me and plenty of threads and posts in the backroom. Certainly a good reason for me personally to dismiss the Corsa.
Well Done Vauxhall - a900ss
Such a shame that their seats are pink fluffy dice

I have NEVER experienced back pain driving a car except when driving a vauxhall.

The Zafira, Corsa and Astra all look great cars until you sit in them. As a high mileage driver, 40000 miles p.a., they are a real no-no.
Well Done Vauxhall - Altea Ego
Something about the corse driving position was reallly weird for me. Despite shifting everything around no way could I get an ideal driving postion.

you only thought it was faster than your audi, cos it sounded faster, quite noisy i thought,
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Something about the corse driving position was reallly weird for me.
Despite shifting everything around no way could I get an
ideal driving postion.
you only thought it was faster than your audi, cos it
sounded faster, quite noisy i thought,
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >

Im not saying it was better than my audi (which is 14 yo, corsa was 56 reg), and yes after driving it tonight mine does seem punchier. It was just like you said the engine reves more and feels lighter, very misleading.

Corsa had miles better fuel economy

Corsa 20 quid - 230 miles
Audi 20 quid - 170 miles

No temp gauge was a gripe, but that about all.
Well Done Vauxhall - Vansboy
Agree with the poor seating & back pain... & I've got the Omega, excellent car & value for £$£$ but I still can't get my back to not know I've been driving it!!

VB
Well Done Vauxhall - Dynamic Dave
Never found the seats to be problem in any of the Vauxhalls I've ever owned or driven.*

*Apart from the Nova.
Well Done Vauxhall - Avant
With every Vauxhall I've driven (admittedly I haven't driven any of the current models) there has been quite a long distance to lift one's right foot from accelerator to brake (they were all manuals so there was no question of left-foot braking). I thought that was the cause of my discomfort rather than any problems with the seats themselves.

This is one of the reasons why I've never owned a Vauxhall in 40 years of driving. Are the new models any better in this respect?
Only other problem i have found is that with the best seating position i found it quite hard to reel seatbelt out with out actually turning round. With audi just reach arm back and volia.
Well Done Vauxhall - akr
So 3 or 4 people can't get comfy in a Vauxhall so they're immediately dismissed as rubbish. I've had 7 Vauxhalls now and never had the tiniest sniff of back pain.
I think Vauxhall get better and better. Infinitely more reliable than my VWs ever were and the build quality is a match (or better than) any other mass market car and miles in front of anything French.
On top of that they're good value.

Bet I get slated now for saying all that!!!
Well Done Vauxhall - Xileno {P}
"So 3 or 4 people can't get comfy in a Vauxhall so they're immediately dismissed as rubbish."

That's internet forums for you. Got to keep things in perspective.

I saw a three door diesel Corsa at work today. Looked very nice but appeared a bit cramped in the back. Certainly looked as if some real effort had gone into the design, something that can't be said of some GM cars in the past.

Long may it continue.