Drop links?? - Edinburgh andy

Hi all,

reading through a few posts i have noticed the phrase drop links.

Could someone enlighten me as to the following

Where are the drop links found on a car ??( i gathered they were a suspension componant but thats all i know)

What is the function of drop links????

Just curious but appreciate any feedback

cheers

andy
Drop links?? - pinkpanther_75
I believe they are also known as "anti-roll bar link rods". I know this I had some fitted to my old octavia vRS some months ago - common failing apparently.
Drop links?? - Collos25
Citroen use drop links in their front suspension layout basically they assist as Seant says the antiroll bar,they also rattle and knock like hell when only partially worn.
Drop links?? - Quinny
My 406 has them on front and rear,and you'll know when they go,like Andy says,the knock is so distinctive.

However,they are so easy to change,and would take the average mechanic,about an hour to do per pair.
Drop links?? - adverse camber
as has been said, they link the suspension at each side of the car to the anti-roll bar.

typically a metal rod, maybe a foot long. they will be vertical and usually visible at the wheel arch with the wheel turned out. Balljoints of some sort at top and bottom.

sometimes you can just get hold and tug and you will feel the movement, sometimes you need to jack the car up to feel it.