rover 416i keeps cutting out - help - dizzy1979
hi, i have a rover 416i which i brought early last year. for several months it would cut out, when coming to a junction or stopping. it would re start agin straight away and then be ok for a few days or even weeks. i finally took it to my local garage in the summer and they told me the head gasket had gone, which i had replaced, but when i got it back the problem still continued. some days it is fine, others it can happen several times in a single journey, it also started to kind of splutter just beofre it would cut out, as if the fuel was not getting through, i had an xr31 that had a similar problem and it was the fuel sensor, anyway a week before christmas it cut out, but when i tried to restart it it must have taken about 10 times of turning over before it finally fired up and then drove like a pig, so i called the aa out, who were completely hopeless, and followed me to my local garage (again) who did the head gasket for me. as the problem is intermitant i fully understand they would need it for a while to get the problem to happen for them, however 6 weeks on they still have my car, and have told me they have tried lots of things and have had no joy, there next attempt will be a fuel pump to be fitted on monday - at a cost of £70 plus labour etc, on top of the labour they are allready charging. they seem to be stumped at what the problem is, which is not at all reassuring, and to be honest i cant afford these repairs as it is, witout them doing work that is not needed. can someone please help with what this problem may be??????? kind regards
rover 416i keeps cutting out - help - Civic8
Next time it happens, check to see if you get a spark from the coil,if you dont its possible its the crank position sensor,common fault on these.let us know ok
--
Steve