Grundig SC303 Radio / Cassette - sambo788
I have a J reg vauxhall nova, but there is something missing on the front of the radio/cassette (either a detachable screen or buttons?) Does anyone know where to get these, or if they even exist anymore.
Thanks
Grundig SC303 Radio / Cassette - Dynamic Dave
Sounds like the detachable security panel. See pic on following site - tinyurl.com/3x2e7m

First port of call is Vauxhall. However, you need to have the code to said stereo as when you insert a replacement panel that's the first thing it asks for.
Grundig SC303 Radio / Cassette - Pugugly {P}
i may have one you can have
Thinking some more on this, if Pugugly doesn't have the right one, www.autovaux.co.uk used to stock them, but I can't find them listed on their website anymore. A phone call to them would confirm. From distant memory they used to be something like £25. The weakness with these displays is when you pop them back into the stereo - instead of pressing back in by holding the edges, people would press on the LCD display itself and end up eventually breaking them.
Grundig SC303 Radio / Cassette - Pugugly {P}
Yes I have the complete radio unit, I can't remember whether this removable display functioned or not. I'm happy to post it you if you want. Mods can give you my e-mail address.
Grundig SC303 Radio / Cassette - Victorbox
If it is as DD shows you, just type SC303 into E-bay and often there are several displays available - £5 to £15. They were about £35 from Vauxhall but have been unavailable for a few years now. Try to get one where they say all segments working as the repeated removal & refitting kills the LCD display. Some people recondition them & sell them on E-bay. You will need your radio's code (on the Pass Card with the owner's manual) to programme the new display to the radio.
Grundig SC303 Radio / Cassette - SpamCan61 {P}
I'm getting a tad confused now, the only SC 303 on eBay looks exactly like the unit I took out of my current Omega when I bought it. There is no detachable display / keyboard on this. The unit is only designed to be used with a Vectra / Omega / maybe some others that have the radio display as part of the dash ( TID or MID) . Does a J reg Nova have this display?
>>The unit is only designed to be used with a Vectra / Omega ...

Was standard fitment in my L reg Cavalier Diplomat, and also in a colleagues K reg Cavalier Cesaro.
I'm confused then DD : where did the radio display it's frequency info?

There's no display on the one on eBay or my one at home,; there was no TID / MID on the Cavalier was there? the only digital display I can recall in Cavaliers was the little one next to the radio that gave external temperature / MPG etc. on the more executive models like you Diplomat. But that was the size of a matchbox and didn't have enough digits for a radio display.

Unless of course the one on eBay isn't actually an SC303.
Grundig SC303 Radio / Cassette - cheddar
I had one like in DD's link in a '93 Cav, the display went aury as described and had to be replaced, in doing so it had to be recoded.
Cheddar,where was the display, was it a (detachable) part of the main radio, or part of the dash?
Spamcan,

There were 2 versions of the SC303.

The SC 303 ( C ) tinyurl.com/23k9xe (which didn't have a removable panel and needed a remote display)
The SC 303 D ( C ) tinyurl.com/3x2e7m (the "D" in the model type I'm assuming is for display)
Thanks for that DD! That's why I was getting confused.
Cheddar,where was the display, >>

A detachable part of the main radio.
A J reg Nova would surely have the D model.