94 Jaguar X300 ABS - Capn Grumpy
ABS warning lights above about 20 mph, but resets each cycle of the ignition, and this has been diagnosed as requiring ABS pump replacement. Jaguar quote £975ish plus VAT so have sourced a used item for £125 with 3 month warranty. However, it has occurred to me to question whether this could just be the fuse - easily overlooked under the r/h heelboard in the back!! The wheel sensors have been checked, and this diagnosis arrived at courtesy of the main dealer's diagnostic computer - that's what worries me!
94 Jaguar X300 ABS - Pete M
Is it possible that the accumulator sphere is at fault? I understand these are around the size of a golf or squash ball and are replaceable, at much less cost than the full ABS pump. I suggest you check out
www.jag-lovers.net/modern/ for the best advice. The forums (fora?) are friendly and very knowledgeable, and the FAQ may even address your problem. Best of luck.
Very many thanks for this Pete M - I will certainly get it checked out and I am quite used to replacing golf balls!! I do have a couple of other minor niggles I also want to address (puddle lights/door microswitches sort of stuff!) Really appreciate the link, and will let you know how it eventually pans out - am nursing "the manager" (hip-hop to hi-op!) so have severely clipped wings for a bit longer!
Had a look at the forum site suggested by Pete M and thought I'd go with the most poular rectification of checking the multiplug. Guess what? It seems to have cured the warning! Even if my pathetic attempts (it's a bit nippy out there) were a bit half-hearted, it has pin-pointed the cause. Very many thanks for your assistance Pete M.
94 Jaguar X300 ABS - Pete M
Always happy to help out a fellow Jaguar driver. Mine is '84 XJ12, a rare Jaguar Vanden Plas H.E. Only one in NZ, I think. Owned since '93.
Many thanks again for your assistance, very much appreciated! Love NZ - so nearly took a post in Nelson, loved it so. (Came 2nd in interviews!!) Envy your Jaguar VDP - the V12 is awsome, isn't it?