Who's a lucky boy then? - Richard Hall
My boss has decided to go and work in our New York office for a year, and has asked me to look after his cars, and drive them regularly while he is away. The vehicles in question?

1965 Ford Galaxie convertible (V8 of unknown size)
Two 1966 Mustangs (convertible and fastback) both with the 289 V8
1969 (?) Dodge Charger (383 V8)

Almost makes up for having to work over Easter putting in a new computer system.
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - Double Decker
Your boss, for having a year in NYC!

More seriously, enjoy your fleet, and I hope the boss is covering some of the costs, including insurance.

DD
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - THe Growler
Good for you, speaking as a 2 Mustang owner myself. The Galaxie is most likely a 289 as well, although could be a 302. Enjoy.
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - Mark (Brazil)
Richard,

Your boss is expecting you to take on too much. He is swanning off to the US, obviously enjoying himself and expecting you to run after him and look after the cars.

There is obviously only one thing likely to improve your situation - my help. Say the word and I'm there - perhaps I could take special responsibility for the Mustangs ?

M.
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - Richard Hall's BOSS !
Now look here, Ricky boy................
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - THe Growler
Boss -- I'm sure you've told him that, while it's a lot of fun and leaves nice wavy black lines behind, it's not a very good idea to wind the motor up at the lights then drop a 37 year old tranny into Drive?? The old Ford C-4 box will take most any abuse but age surely deserves some respect. Of course if the cars are manual the same thing applies. Did you know that Ford still have some of the build sheets and dealer invoices on their early computer files, or used to. My ragtop rolled off the line with the owner-specc'd extras for the grand sum of $3,233 or so and change and I have the copy invoice somewhere to prove it.

Sorry to everyone else, but you're an owner, so you'll know what I mean.

Your man surely knows his job's on the line over this, so you should be OK.
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - Richard Hall's BOSS !
I'd better be, or I'll have his nuts for breakfast.
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - peterb
I assume they really are his and aren't owned by the company. Otherwise, an unpleasant tax bill awaits you :-(

Enjoy them

Peter
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - peterb
I assume they really are his and aren't owned by the company. Otherwise, an unpleasant tax bill awaits you :-(

Enjoy them

Peter
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - Dave
Never mind his car - doesn't his wife need regular servicing?
Re: Who's a lucky boy then? - BadLad
You naughty, naughty boy. Does the boss have any daughters, or is that what you meant by 1966 Mustangs?

BL