Ford Sierra Electrics - Andrew
Recently temporarily forced into 'Bangernomics' while I sort out a new motor. Got myself a 1990 Ford Sapphire 1.8GLX. The ign/oil/handbrake warning lights and temp guague have suddenly stopped working. Has anyone any ideas. Bulbs are OK.
Also found a long multi-connector with 15 wires layed on top of drivers kick pad with enough length to reach the dash but there is not a socket that I can see, there is only one connection. Is this surplus or am I missing something obvious?

Andrew.
Re: Ford Sierra Electrics - Andrew
Forgot to mention tacho aint working either.

Andrew
Re: Ford Sierra Electrics - Alwyn
Have you got access to a Haynes manual?

Colours entering the multi-plug could give a clue as to what they are for. Check the circuit diagrams.
Re: Ford Sierra Electrics - Andrew
Mackro is a Cash and Carry type warehouse that sells nearly everything from foodstuffs to electrical goods. Have one in Hull but do not know where else has them.
Anyway back to the electrics. Have a Haynes manual - yeah right!!!!!!
However have solved the problem. The fusebox is starting to show signs of age and the relevent fuse holder was broken. As for the unknown cable. I gave up on the manual and decided to tie it up out of the way. Two wires had been cut from the connector and joined. Anyway decided to join them back up and put the dash back together. Sometime later car would not start. PING - has there been an alarm imobiliser box in there at some time which has been removed. Now check the Haynes. Yep all the colours match. Problem solved.

Andrew.
Re: Ford Sierra Electrics - David M
If the Bangernomics considerations also extend to the price of a Haynes manual there are normally plenty on eBay - or they're cheapest new from a Makro store if you have access to one (and the inclination to brave the place).

David
Re: Ford Sierra Electrics - Godfrey H
OK so what's a Makro store?
Re: Ford Sierra Electrics - Mark (Brazil)
>>Have one in Hull but do not know where else has them.

Unbelievably - Barra de Tijuca just outside Rio de Janeiro.