Thermostat Peugeot 406 - reevsie
Recently had the thermostat changed as the car was running a little cool at about 75c. Now the car runs even cooler at 70c at normal cruising and 75c when I am giving it some beans. The garage says its unlikely to be the thermostat as its new, but I can?t see any other cause. However, is it possible that a diesel thermostat has been fitted as I gather they run cooler than petrol engines? Any ideas before the car goes back to the garage.
Thermostat Peugeot 406 - mjm
You don't say what engine/year you've got but if it's any help I have a 1999 2,0 16 valve petrol Xantia, Peugeot engine. Mine ran at about 70c, I fitted a new, correct, thermostat and now it runs at - - - - about 70c ! I think I read a similar post on here, with similar figures.
Thermostat Peugeot 406 - rip
Just to add my experience

I have a 1.8 16v xantia (similar to Peugeot engine) and mine was running at 70C, I changed thermostat and coolant and now it runs at about 70C-75C, and rises to about 83 in town traffic before the fans cut in. off course this is assuming the gauge is spot on, it may or may not be a few degrees out.