mondeo [ again ] glow plug - trucker44
hi all , its playing up again, as i was driving the glow plug came on it started to flash , what could it be, i changed the dipped bulb [ that was a nightmare passenger side ] then went to the hospital to pick up my father in law ,the glow plug light came on, i hate this car any tips or costs would be appreciated
mondeo [ again ] glow plug - cheddar
>>i changed the dipped bulb [ that was
a nightmare passenger side ] >>

That is a 5 min job, two pins pull out allowing the light unit to be removed and the bulb replaced, cant see how you say it is a nightmare unless you tried to replace the bulb with the light in situ.

Re the flashing glow plug light, has it now gone out again, i.e. did it go out upopn restarting? If so dont worry, if the ecu picks up an errant signal from a sensor this can happen as a one off. However if it is still flashing get it to a dealer, it could be a loose connection, a faulty sensor or frankly, fingers crossed not, something rather expensive, until it is checked out you wont know.

Is it under warranty?
hi there, no its still flashing so a call to the dealer in the morning but thanks for the help, the joys of motoring! could changing the bulb dislodge a wire? yep i did change the bulb with the light in situ, ihad to undo the fuse box. oh dear.
mondeo [ again ] glow plug - Collos25
The glow plugs are hardly likely to be faulty as they will be turned of as soon as the car has warmed up more likely to be the relay and as you say you moved the fuse box I would suggest a dislodged connector.
hi there took to garage this morning for a service and to have it checked out, after re-mapping the injectors the light went as normal no more flashing!
mondeo [ again ] glow plug - MrHayabusaman

If your glow plug light flashes on a Mk III Mondeo and your car goes into limp home mode don't panic. Even if a constant yellow engine warning light comes on too just step back and go for the least cost option. A faulty cam sensor will not give a DTC code when you run the dash diagnostic test (zero cost vs taking your motor to a garage to have DTC codes read off). Just hold in trip button for three seconds before switching on ignition to go into gauge sweep etc etc etc. You should see DTC / NONE come up after the first few dabs on the trip button. Then, if you've checked all the engine's electrical plug connections (zero cost), cleaned your cam and crank sensors (zero cost) and, the glow light / engine light continue to haunt you purchase a cam sensor for around £20 - £25 pounds from Ford or EBay. Pop it in and see if the glow plug light has now gone when you start up again. If it has but, the engine light is still there after start up switch off and try the following procedure. Switch the ignition on and off (without starting the engine) twenty, yes TWENTY times. You'll hear the "Program A New Key" beep after about six goes but carry on another fourteen times then, finally start the engine. Low and behold the dash will now be free of warning lamps and you'll only have spent 25 notes. Hope this helps anyone who reads this.