citreon c5 dead - andycl85
Hi all hopefully someone can help i own a 2002 2.2 hdi c5 estate, i pulled into a petrol station, when i went to start the car it turned over but would not start i waited 30 secs tried again no joy on the third attempt nothing happened at all all lights came on just would not turn over. Got it towed home checked the fuses and it had blown a 50 amp maxi fuse replaced this still no joy will not start even when being towed, all citroen said was bring it in (it's a long way to push it) any help would be gratefully appreciated
citreon c5 dead - LeePower
To blow one of the 50 amp maxi protection fuses something seriously must have shorted out / pulled a very large current.

You checked the main battery cables are intact / not shorted out?

Main earth cable attached to top of gearbox & then onto bodyshell?

After those 2 checks it would be leave it to the main dealer.

Least it has blown a maxi fuse & hasn't barbecued itself like the 406 & 607 HDI's used to do.
citreon c5 dead - andycl85
Hi battery leads are fine and is earthed could it have burnt out the ignition switch
citreon c5 dead - Collos25
Looks like you have had a pretty serious electrical malfunction the answer is a good auto electrician otherwise you will be stabbing in the dark.The initial problem to blow the main fuse could have caused a cascade of other problems a dead short across the HT side is favourite Alternator,starter,battery being the most likely culprits.