Renault Scenic idler pulley replacement - Robbo 7
I'm sure somebody can help on this. My 2001, 1.6 Scenic has developed an alarming squeal coming from the auxilary belt area. After some trial and error searching I've narrowed it down to the idler pulley nearest the alternator (not the tensioner). It looks as if the bearing in it is on the way out. I'm fairly confident I can replace the belt and getting to the pulley seems easy enough once the front wheel is off and the liner removed, however does anybody know if the pulley is likely to be a pig to remove ? I can't see that you could get a puller in the gap as there is only about two inches between it and the side of the engine bay.

It looks as if you just take the bolt out of the middle and the pulley slides off but I thought I'd better check with you good people on here first before I go and order the bits and end up kicking myself (again)

Any help gratefully received.
Renault Scenic idler pulley replacement - The Doctor
If you remove the top engine mount, let the engine down onto the subframe and remove the idler through the wheel arch
Renault Scenic idler pulley replacement - yorkiebar
If i remember correctly, these normally slip and fail because the threads holding the bolts that are supposed to keep them in correct place strip and allow the trensioner to keep moving.

Be careful when undoing the bolts as the threads are into the engine block ( I think) and are a real pain to sort if this happens.