Audi A2 door locking - vagman
my remote has started opening the windows when I unlock the car. Problem possibly with the 'comfort/conveneince' module - said to be located in the drivers (or passengers?) door. Any tips on removing the trim panels which seem to be very secure even after removing the two screws in the arm rests. Other info welcome
Audi A2 door locking - AR-CoolC
There is another screw behind the door opening lever, and another behind the speaker grill iirc.

The panel then slides up off hook type fittings, these are very tight. You'll then need to remove the bowden cable to the opening lever whilst the panel is half off.

Once the panel is off you'll see a large metal panel, relese the winder motor (three screws) and then all the screws holding the panel on (about 20).

Its a bit of a erm how shall I describe it.......................effort to remove ;-)
Audi A2 door locking - vagman
Thanks for info. Located a screw behind the small speaker next to the opening lever but none behind the main speaker grill. Succeded in releasing the hinge side of the panel but not the catch side without risk of damage.
HJ says this problem is s known VAG fault due to water getting into the module, but from what I could see, everything seemed quite dry.

I thought it might be a simple re-programming job but Audi say it will need a new module at about £400 !! Well they would would't they !
At this stage they haven't done any testing.
I doubt there is £300 worth in a module but, like computer printer makers, they screww you when you need parts.
All this technology is ok when its working !!
Thanks again - I may have another try before giving up.