vw 2E3 carb ajustment help ? - steveo3002
1988 1300 MH engined vw polo with 2e3 carb

*****first thing, no i cant afford a weber conversion , i want to fix what i have!!*******

i have a problem that the car will start and fast idle as normal , but after say 3-4 minutes that fast dies downs and hovers around stalling point, it either stalls or runs very very slow for about a minute, then it will go onto what i assume is warm running /no choke and idle normaly again

it makes the car a bit of a problem if those first few minutes are around town at junctions etc

it also doesnt always catch first time when i go start it in winter..but usualy does go first time in summer....any ideas on that??
vw 2E3 carb ajustment help ? - adverse camber
Have you done a forum search ? Top right ----->

there have been a few very detailed discussions on this carb, someone (who seemed to know their stuff) I remember was insistent that the webber replacement was not the right way to go.

I seem to remember something about a wax something for the fast idle ?
vw 2E3 carb ajustment help ? - Number_Cruncher
Check the automatic choke bi-metal spring. These can come loose in their central fixing to the auto choke housing, and give odd auto-choke faults. Also, while you are there, check the automatic choke, and fast idle cam linkages. There should be an alignment mark between the auto choke housing and the body of the carb - make sure this is lined up as a starting point.

Number_Cruncher
thanks i will have a look at the bi metalic spring
while ive started another thread on 2e3

does anyone know the correct starting procedure for a car with one?? ive been doing 2 presses on the throttle and then crank with no throttle??
vw 2E3 carb ajustment help ? - oilrag
Have a look at this thread

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=8799&m...e
thanks for the reply

that link doesnt display a page like normal...all the replies are displayed funny, its also like this when i search myself?? is that normal
vw 2E3 carb ajustment help ? - mss1tw
You need to click 'View Flat'

e.g.

Technical matters > vw 2E3 carb ajustment help ?

Thread Author: steveo3002 Replies: 6

View Flat