Vauxhall parts rip off - wazza
sister has a 2002 astra 1.6 hatchback. had to replace the brake light switch. rang vauxhall who took the reg number and then quoted £15 for the part. went down to the dealership. the parts guy quoted £19, i told him someone quoted £15 earlier . He said 'oh this one is for the saloon, for the hatchback it is £15' from what i can see the part number for both are the same but the price is different. also why should the saloon pedal box arrangement be different to hatchback.

has anyone come across this or know why this is?
Vauxhall parts rip off - Aprilia
Same, I'm sure. Ring another dealer.
Vauxhall parts rip off - Dynamic Dave
Can't vouch specifically for the Astra, but some brake pedal switches for Vauxhalls have two connections, others have four. Maybe they originally quoted you for the former, but reaslied you needed the latter when you got there?

www.autovaux.co.uk is a good source of replacement parts. However, unless things have recently changed, do your enquiring by phone as they tend to be a bit slow in replying to emails.
Vauxhall parts rip off - wazza
the one for my sisters car is a 4 pin version. i can't believe that astra will have a different pedal box for the saloon and the hatch
Vauxhall parts rip off - Hamsafar
How do you know they do? Is it just based on what the dodgy dealer said?
If the part number is the same, the price should be.
Vauxhall parts rip off - colino
I'd guess its the same as the Vectra with two possible switches. one for cars with cruise control and the basic one.