Ford Focus Instrument Cluster - falconsforever
Hi - I've just had to have a new instrument cluster installed on my 2003 Ford Focus. I'd had problems with the speedo, fuel guage and rev counter all going haywire then settling at zero and not moving! I've done some research and it would appear that this is quite a common fault with the Ford Focus. Has anyone any idea how I can find out if Ford have issued a technical service bulletin on this? The only ones I can find are from America and I don't know if they're valid over here. I'd like to have some ammunition so I can contact Ford re this. Also - now the new cluster has been fitted, the mileage is showing as zero - does anyone know if this will cause problems if I resell the car at a later date? Hope someone can advise!!!
Ford Focus Instrument Cluster - wayne1980
hi,
not sure about the tech service bulletin but keep persuing it. i'm chasing ford about a recall i've seen on the vosa website that ford say doesn't exist. not surprising as the fault if present requires a complete engine change. as for the new speedo i'd say when you do come to sell it on i would at least declare the true mileage, even get ford to note it down in the service booklet. cover your own backside and get the ford stamp on it!
Ford Focus Instrument Cluster - Carse
Falcon,

Did you have the cluster fitted by Ford, if so they should have programmed in the mileage from you old cluster.

Carse
Ford Focus Instrument Cluster - AR-CoolC
There is a Ford Focus Owners club web site ffoc.co.uk or similar.

I haven't been on it for a few years now, but if the problem is common, then there will surely be some reference on there to it.
Ford Focus Instrument Cluster - 232burn
you cannot always migrate the mileage from old cluster to new
just ask the dealer to stamp it up and verify mileage , was your mileage still on the cluster , then it is fne ?
no tsbs listed