Pug 406 Estate Engine Under Tray - Amarok1964
Hi I Have a 2000 "W" pug 406 Estate. Over Xmas the plastic tray which sits under the engine came away. My query is, is it necessary to get this replaced (£117 from dealer parts dept) or will the car survive with out it. Many Thanks
Pug 406 Estate Engine Under Tray - LeePower
Get the feeling its a HDI lump you have.

Its really only there to keep the noise down, stop drips from the engine & also aid airflow under the car, dont have to fit it back on if you dont want to.

Theres always the trip down the scrappy & have a hunt through the 406 pile if you want to replace it.
Hi yes it is an HDi. i was worried it might stop water and stuff from the road being thrown up into the engine bay. I was alarmed to see that the cambelt? and pulley at the bottom of the engine were quite exposed without the tray
Pug 406 Estate Engine Under Tray - LeePower
The outer part of the pulley is exposed on most of the petrol engines ive looked at, You sure its the cambelt you are looking at?

That should be behind its own cover?

You sure its not the auxiliary serpentine drive belt that does the power steering, alternator & aircon you are looking at?
Thanks for reply. Hectic week. Not really sure what im looking at. Ive sourced a second hand tray on a well known auction site, £50, much better than the £117 the dealer wanted. Thanks again for your input
Pug 406 Estate Engine Under Tray - gsb
If It's the same as my 98 406 only four fixings hold it on. Presumably whoever last changed the oil didn't fasten it correctly.
Pug 406 Estate display - tony r
sorry to butt in on the tray story. glad you've sorted it. have just bought a 406 GLX estate, 51 plate. HDi 110 engine. nice car. I can't see how to change the date time display - flashes on July 2006! no remote, no place for a remote, no buttons either side of the display. I can change the categories of the display with the button on the end of the outboard stalk but nothing else. I'm told the backroom boys might have an idea.
thanks, Tony R