Bonnet Catch,2003 Vectra - electricdave
Hi,
The bonnet rease catch has ceased to work.Please can someone tell me how to open the bonett so i can repair it.
Regards
Dave
Bonnet Catch,2003 Vectra - Dynamic Dave
Get someone to press down (carefully, as it is only aluminium) on the bonnet where the catch is whilst you pull on the lever. If you do successfully manage to get it open, loosen off the pinch clamp securing the cable and take up any slack in the cable and retighten the pinch clamp back up. Remember also to apply a small amount of grease to the catch and bonnet pin.
Bonnet Catch,2003 Vectra - electricdave
hi,
thanks for your reply.i have tried your idea but no luck.the release lever is free so i presume outer cable has slide to far.any idea what to do next?
regards-dave
Bonnet Catch,2003 Vectra - lynnenewman

hi dave im haveing the same problem and the garage reckon they have to take the grill and the bumper off what do i do ?

Bonnet Catch,2003 Vectra - madf

2 Google minutes:

http://www.vectra-c.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16708&highlight=bonnet+open&page=2

I can recommend Google.. even I can use it :-)

Bonnet Catch,2003 Vectra - mistershifter

If you look up through the righthand side of the grille you can see the bonnet catch. It has a slot in the side with the end of the spring showing. Find a long enough stiff thin rod and probe it through so that its end rests firmly on the spring end. Strike the end of the rod with a hammer and the bonnet will open. Well mine did anyway. Took me about 10 minutes and sent me boz eyed but it worked!