Passat Secuirty Problem - nathnamdo
I have a 51 reg Passat TDI. A few months ago, someone forced the lock trying to break in. The lock is wrecked but the lock barrel is still there. Even though the lock looks like it is wrecked, I can still stick my key in and open the car. Worse still is that I can stick in a screw driver and still open the car. The difference with the key and the screw driver is that when I open the the lock with the screw driver, the lock opens and all the window wind down and the alarm is still active. Will changing the lock fix this problem? Does anyone know how much this might cost?
Passat Secuirty Problem - LeePower
The window security issue is a well know VW problem, not sure if there was a upgrade that VW issued over this, best to speak to your local VW dealer.
Passat Secuirty Problem - Hamsafar
This is a long-standing security flaw on the VW range. VW don't seem to care about it. Someone who knows exactly where to apply the pressure can open the windows without much damage to the lock at all.
The best solution is for the dealer to disable the feature with the diagnostic system, but if you asked them to, they'd probably just grunt and look stupid.