citroen xsara 90bhp /110 bhp chipping - Theunisse
Is it feasible to fit a chip to increase the power output of the 90bhp hdi engine? They seem to be significantly cheaper but not as fast nor as efficient.
citroen xsara 90bhp /110 bhp chipping - George Porge
www.upsolute.com/eng/index.html

My Golf is chipped by these, 90 bhp hdi is listed in their data sheets ;O)
citroen xsara 90bhp /110 bhp chipping - oldtoffee
I upped the power in my Picasso HDi from 90 to 110 bhp (not with a chip but with a Van Aaken Powerbox) - money well spent IMO as it struggled a bit with just 90 bhp.
citroen xsara 90bhp /110 bhp chipping - Theunisse
Thanks for the replies - has anybody ever had any problems caused by these systems, or is it simply the choice of chip fitted by the manufacturer initially that determines the original power output?
citroen xsara 90bhp /110 bhp chipping - PeterRed
When I had my 406 Hdi, I was told that the 110 had an intercooler while the 90 didn't. Not sure if this is true or of any other mechanical differences.
citroen xsara 90bhp /110 bhp chipping - oldtoffee
The 110 does have an intercooler, the 90 doesn't. My Picasso ran fine for 40,000 miles with the upgrade, no problems at all. It actually ran smoother and the economy was no worse, it might actually have been a bit better because it had to be revved far less to build up and maintain speed. From what I've read and been told by various people in the know, any "big" increase in power will be felt by the clutch more than anything so provided the power gain is relatively modest you should be OK if you look after the car and don't stress the clutch by constantly flooring the accelerator in top gear at 1500 rpm.