Picasso washers front & back - mustard
Hi

Both the front and back screenwash squirters have stopped working at the same time on our X-reg Citroen Picasso. I think the pumps/motors might not be working because I can't hear any noise at all when pulling/twisting the controls, whereas usually you hear the little hum or whine. The squirters are not blocked externally as far as I can tell and the reservoir is full of screenwash. We tried to look for the fuse, but in the manual there is no fuse relating to the washers.

Any ideas welcome,

Thanks.
Picasso washers front & back - Screwloose
mustard

The washer pump may have gone. Can't remember the exact set-up on a late Picasso; but it's likely there's one, reversible, motor that does both ends. It'll be mounted in the washer bottle [doubtless hidden in the front wheelarch?]

The washers are probably controlled by the BSI [body electrics] module; there are some fuses mounted on that, but none are listed as for the washers.
Picasso washers front & back - LeePower
Depending on year the BSI ( Built in Systems Interface ) controls everything electrical.

One pump doing both screens sounds right, unless you find a blown fuse might be unplug the washer motor & check you have 12 volts at the connector plug when an assistant operates the washers ( lift the blades first else they will drag across a dry screen )
Picasso washers front & back - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
An obvious question- is/was the system frozen? Mine was a few days ago. Now using 25% concentrate and 10°C forecast!
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Picasso washers front & back - pmh
It could be something as simple as a build up of sludge in bottom of reservoir/pump inlet. Jamming pump. Can happen if you mix incompatible screen washes. To avoid dismantling try flushing the contain vigorously with a hose (if it s not banned!). Last time I cleared one in my mk4 Fiesta I used a footpump to pressurise back towards the reservoir. However this is high risk as it may split pipe or joints.

--

pmh (was peter)